The Student Room Group

PhD Funding

I'm looking to apply for a law PhD but I have a slightly more inter-disciplinary background than normal (LLB Law and currently MA Legal and Political Theory ) so I think I could m proposal fit either a social sciences remit or a humanities remit. I'm wondering if anyone had any advice about which one might be more prudent to target? Any experience or insight into competition etc?
Original post by Millylaw
I'm looking to apply for a law PhD but I have a slightly more inter-disciplinary background than normal (LLB Law and currently MA Legal and Political Theory ) so I think I could m proposal fit either a social sciences remit or a humanities remit. I'm wondering if anyone had any advice about which one might be more prudent to target? Any experience or insight into competition etc?

It doesn't really matter. The important bit is finding someone with the right background, context and expertise to supervise you.
I just applied for a Law PhD and got a place and I don’t have a legal academic background - it’s more political and historical - so considering you have a law degree I think you should be ok as long as your supervisory team is supportive of your project and has the experience in your area of research

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending