The Student Room Group

Eek I’m stressing.

So I have my mocks in a few weeks and I’m stressing out. My school think I’m fine and I don’t need any help but I don’t want to ask for any because I lack self confidence. Has anyone got any tips?
Reply 1
Look at the specification for your exams (this will be on your exam board’s website). For Science use free science lessons on YouTube, and try to learn some required practicals which are often 6 mark questions. For English and modern foreign languages I find workbooks the most helpful. Don’t forget to practice answering different question types for subjects such as English and History. What subjects do you take?
Reply 2
Original post by LizieM
Look at the specification for your exams (this will be on your exam board’s website). For Science use free science lessons on YouTube, and try to learn some required practicals which are often 6 mark questions. For English and modern foreign languages I find workbooks the most helpful. Don’t forget to practice answering different question types for subjects such as English and History. What subjects do you take?

Separate Science, English Lit and Lan, Maths, History, Geography and French.
Reply 3
Original post by iamlasagne
Separate Science, English Lit and Lan, Maths, History, Geography and French.

Ok for French, Like I said the workbooks. You could also record yourself saying your speaking questions and answers on your phone then listen to the question, try to answer it then listen to the actual answer to check. You could also use Memrise or quizlet (I find memrise more helpful). Quizlet is also useful for dates and stats in history or quotes in English. Sorry I can’t help with Geography because I don’t take it. Good luck x
Reply 4
Original post by LizieM
Ok for French, Like I said the workbooks. You could also record yourself saying your speaking questions and answers on your phone then listen to the question, try to answer it then listen to the actual answer to check. You could also use Memrise or quizlet (I find memrise more helpful). Quizlet is also useful for dates and stats in history or quotes in English. Sorry I can’t help with Geography because I don’t take it. Good luck x

Thank you. I already have a Quizlet account and I’ll check out the memrise. Your tip for French is really useful though. Thanks again
seneca learning
keep doing exam questions more specifically past paper questions online

geography... know your processes inside and out. make sure you can read a map, structure a 9 mark question using case study knowledge and maybe identify examiners reports? its usually quite clear what examiners are looking for

for english lit know some points for context, theme, characters, setting, motif, language, form, structure and you're good to go :') remember when you're embedding quotes they don't need to be lengthy so just memorise a couple of important one.

for languages cover it all equally. spend good amounts of time on reading, writing, speaking and listening. consider high level phrases and imperfect tenses.

good luck! don't be stressed - take lots of breaks throughout your revision - and communicate with your teachers. they exist to guide you and i know it sounds scary because i used to feel the same way but asking for help especially in subjects like maths is so benefiticial.

Quick Reply

Latest