The Student Room Group

TFL Grad intake 2019

Hi all,

Has anyone applied for the TFL grad roles?
I saw previous threads but none for this year, so hopefully I'm not duplicating.

I recently applied for the commercial procurement one. I did all the tests, haven't heard anything back yet, but fingers crossed.

Scroll to see replies

I've applied for the commercial procurement role as well.
when did you start your application ? By all the tests do you include the video interview as well?
I got an email today inviting me to do a video interview.I'm planning to do some preparations during the week and do the interview this weekend.

It kinda sucks though as there's only 4 vacancies in this role and even less in the others.
LMAO Well, that's unfortunate, I don't think I've got the role then. I haven't done the video interview, I was hoping for the invite after the application closing date.
Where did you see the vacancy numbers?
Original post by dragon disguised
LMAO Well, that's unfortunate, I don't think I've got the role then. I haven't done the video interview, I was hoping for the invite after the application closing date.
Where did you see the vacancy numbers?

Don't say that. They could be just getting round to your application.

I emailed them about vacancy numbers as I was undecided of whether to apply for finance or commercial and they told me commercial had 4 whilst finance had 2. Bearing in mind that more people tend to apply for finance roles I thought my best bet would be commercial.
Reply 4
I've applied for the engineering and technology scheme and have also reached the video interview stage. I gave my first video interview for another company yesterday. It was a lot tougher than I imagined so I'll spend some more time to prepare for this one.
Original post by darkshadow1111
I've applied for the commercial procurement role as well.
when did you start your application ? By all the tests do you include the video interview as well?
I got an email today inviting me to do a video interview.I'm planning to do some preparations during the week and do the interview this weekend.

It kinda sucks though as there's only 4 vacancies in this role and even less in the others.
I actually got the email inviting me to do the interview yesterday:colondollar:, so i'm preparing today and and aiming to do the interview tomorrow. 4 vacancies is quite a small cohort; the assessment centre will probably be a smaller group. Arguably, that could be a good thing though for the people that get there.

Original post by MO2898
I've applied for the engineering and technology scheme and have also reached the video interview stage. I gave my first video interview for another company yesterday. It was a lot tougher than I imagined so I'll spend some more time to prepare for this one.
hm I'm a little concerned, most graduate scheme video interviews are about competencies, so i'll be sure to prepare some examples, but this one seems to focus on the motivations, which I always find a little more difficult to explain lol.
Reply 6
Original post by dragon disguised
I actually got the email inviting me to do the interview yesterday:colondollar:, so i'm preparing today and and aiming to do the interview tomorrow. 4 vacancies is quite a small cohort; the assessment centre will probably be a smaller group. Arguably, that could be a good thing though for the people that get there.

hm I'm a little concerned, most graduate scheme video interviews are about competencies, so i'll be sure to prepare some examples, but this one seems to focus on the motivations, which I always find a little more difficult to explain lol.

How was the video interview? Any tips for how to prepare?
Original post by app19
How was the video interview? Any tips for how to prepare?

The video interview went well, it could have been worse.

Maybe get used to thinking fast, I felt a bit behind, or like I could think of better ways to phrase something after the question was answered. But other than that, it was pretty straight forward- like I said above competencies & motivations😁
Original post by MO2898

Any tips for the interview? I've applied for Mechanical Engineering so we wont be in direct competition :wink:

What sort of questions are there? Are any of them technical/specific?
Reply 9
what questions did they ask?
Original post by CirclesAreRound
I took my VI for Strategy & Change Management just over a week ago now and haven't heard anything about it - Have you guys had any progress?

I havent heard anything as well. I took my VI well over two weeks ago
Has anyone been invited to the AC yet? Done the online interview 2 weeks ago and not heard anything back yet. Dont know whether to email them asking about it or not...
Reply 12
What scheme did you apply for ?
There's movement on this front - Just been invited to book a date for my AC!

wow congratuations!! what scheme did you apply for ?
Ahh awesome ! when is your assessment centre ? I just checked that the deadline for software dev was today also so hopefuly they will be letting us know this week
Thank you - Strategy & Change Management

Best of luck with your applications!
My AC is booked for 29/11 - The email says you can choose a date/time but when I got to the booking page that was the only slot available/left(?)

Hopefully TfL start sending out more and more invites this week - Let us know when you get your AC date :wink:

hahahha thanks for the wishful thinking !!
Has anyone received an email from TFL this week saying that that they have passed the video interview and they have to wait to be contacted about whether they have been selected for the assessment day in Dec?
Anyone applied for the Commercial surveying scheme and has heard back for an AC?
I too am waiting to hear back from last weeks email after passing the video interview. I’m not too sure it means we’re on a reserve list otherwise I think they would have said, instead I think it’s just another shortlisting stage to see who they’ll invite to assessment centre in December. Hopefully we will hear back by the start of this week.
Original post by tuesday23
I too am waiting to hear back from last weeks email after passing the video interview. I’m not too sure it means we’re on a reserve list otherwise I think they would have said, instead I think it’s just another shortlisting stage to see who they’ll invite to assessment centre in December. Hopefully we will hear back by the start of this week.

Hopefully thats what it means!!

Did you apply for the software engineering programme?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending