The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by cheapheadphone
Lol to be honest mate i only eat some meats , just cause i dont like the taste of a lot of them, but if someone wants to eat cats and dogs i really dont care.

i would care if they were forcing me to eat it.

same way i dont care if youre vegan, dont be a fkin cnt about it and act like these obviouisly handicapped militants who forgot that forcing your opinions on other people is fascism. you lot are hypocrites of the highest level. im not gonna storm a vegan restaurant and force everyone to eat meat

also im very well aware this does not represent all vegans, in fact 5-6 of my friends are vegan, and they disagree with this militant BS. I also have considered being vegan for a very long time, but i do not like the stigma attached to it, caused by people like you

My lot are the hypocrites of the highest order? Coming from the one that thinks its ok to force his opinion onto billions of animals each year and force away their live however has a mental breakdown about people not respecting that choice and speaking out against it. Irony is lost on you like its lost on the masses when it comes to issues like this.

And don't give me that bs about not wanting to be vegan because of stigma attached to it due to 'people like me'. Stigma is attached to it because its different just like stigmais attached to everything that is different from the majority. If you really wanted to be vegan you be one regardless. You obviously don't so piss off with your bs.
Original post by Good bloke
Nearly Friendless Nick is back with his silver-tongued charm to tempt us over to the dark side.

There is nothing wrong with eating dog. Poodle, apparently, tastes a lot like chicken.

yum.

ive eaten guinea pig and llama before in peru. the llama was not my cup of tea as idont like steak that much but it tasted slightly similar. dont really remember what the guinea pig tasted like but it looked weird
Reply 62
no its not lol

in my opinion, and most non vegan opinions, humans =/= cows pigs chickens etc so you cant even use that as an argument.

Well in a nazis opinion Jews =/= arryan so I can use that argument

To the kkk their opinion is Blacks =/= Whites and they would think there is nothing wrong with killing blacks and going by your logic anyone that says that is wrong is forcing their opinion onto the kkk.
Reply 63
Original post by CoolCavy
Er no that's not what I said at all
Catch you later ttingtox :ciao:

So you think its ok to not respects someones choice to electrocute a cat/dog and eat it. But those nasty vegans should respect the masses choices of doing this to billions of animals each year?

There is a bit of double standards going on here.
Reply 64
at which point are they dead in this story ? im interested.

Apparently 30 secs after having their throat cut.
Original post by slotyu
Well in a nazis opinion Jews =/= arryan so I can use that argument

To the kkk their opinion is Blacks =/= Whites and they would think there is nothing wrong with killing blacks and going by your logic anyone that says that is wrong is forcing their opinion onto the kkk.

my logic doesnt separate by race but by species actually so you're wrong again.

may i ask politically where you lay on the spectrum ? left / far left / right ./ far right / centre?
and also if you agree with these militant vegans?
Reply 66
Original post by Good bloke
Nearly Friendless Nick is back with his silver-tongued charm to tempt us over to the dark side.

There is nothing wrong with eating dog. Poodle, apparently, tastes a lot like chicken.

Friendless Nick? Darkside? What an absolute moron you are.

You're probably proud of yourself for coming up with those terms you absolute weirdo.
Original post by slotyu
Their suffering is equal as they go through the same suffering. Whether you care about that suffering or not is another thing.

Its like a person who beliefs its wrong to kill Jews being told by a nazi to stop forcing their opinions onto everyone.

I'm just saying your argument means nothing because you're disagreeing at an axiomatic level. You might as well be saying 'God says so'.
Reply 68
my logic doesnt separate by race but by species actually so you're wrong again.

may i ask politically where you lay on the spectrum ? left / far left / right ./ far right / centre?
and also if you agree with these militant vegans?

Yes but their logic seperates it by race so you' can't use an argument that it wrong to kill black people against them going on what you were just saying.
Original post by slotyu
Yes but their logic seperates it by race so you' can't use an argument that it wrong to kill black people against them going on what you were just saying.

im sorry but you agreeing with me whether you like it or not.
by arguing with me, you are accepting that i cannot force my opinion on you. your argument is fundamentally flawed.

do you understand what an axiom is ?

in this case, murder is wrong.
the definition of murder is when one human being kills another human being.
animals are not human
Original post by fallen_acorns
the poster above is right - veganism in its current form, as a position is far beyond just a choice of what to eat or what not to eat.

Its a moral ideology, and one that if you subscribe to, you can't help but want everyone to become vegan. Its the logical end to the position. If it were a simple preference, then they wouldn't want it to spread, but its not its more like a religion - it needs to spread, because for those who agree with it its the only right, moral and just way to live.. and its the only way to end suffering.

Really? I just approach it as it being my little way that I can fractionally reduce the demand for animal products. It begins there and ends there. I don't give a **** what other people consume. Admittedly some vegans treat it like a religion but it certainly isn't true for all of them. I certainly don't think it's not right or immoral or unjust to eat meat.
Reply 71

in this case, murder is wrong.

That is your opinion.

In my opinion killing animals is wrong. You expect me to respect people decisions that lead to the suffering and killing of billions of animals even though I find it morally wrong? If I don't then I am forcing my opinion onto people?

Well going by that logic you should respect peoples choice to murder and rape even though you find it morally wrong. And if you don't then you are forcing your opinion onto people.
Regardless of your stance on this matter, participating in acts of terror hoping for a hecklers veto is not the way to come to an agreement.

The only reason vegans oppose killing animals for food is because pain and suffering of animals is easy to relate to, triggering an emotional reaction. Eating plants hurts the ecosystem, so do we stop that? Moreover, some studies provided evidence that plants can "feel" pain, through production of gasses. Of course, since you can't hear the plant screaming out in pain, their suffering is trivial I suppose(!) So now what, we stop eating plants as well? If you are willing to starve to be morally correct (whatever that means), be my guest. But don't dictate your values to those with different views, let alone turn to violence.
Original post by ploiyt
That is your opinion.

In my opinion killing animals is wrong. You expect me to respect people decisions that lead to the suffering and killing of billions of animals even though I find it morally wrong? If I don't then I am forcing my opinion onto people?

Well going by that logic you should respect peoples choice to murder and rape even though you find it morally wrong. And if you don't then you are forcing your opinion onto people.

so do you think that forcing opinion is acceptable in all, or some cases?

im struggling to see how you equate breaking the law with militant veganism .

do you force everyone to agree with you with everything ?
Reply 74
Original post by smhedfkuwj
Regardless of your stance on this matter, participating in acts of terror hoping for a hecklers veto is not the way to come to an agreement.

The only reason vegans oppose killing animals for food is because pain and suffering of animals is easy to relate to, triggering an emotional reaction. Eating plants hurts the ecosystem, so do we stop that? Moreover, some studies provided evidence that plants can "feel" pain, through production of gasses. Of course, since you can't hear the plant screaming out in pain, their suffering is trivial I suppose(!) So now what, we stop eating plants as well? If you are willing to starve to be morally correct (whatever that means), be my guest. But don't dictate your values to those with different views, let alone turn to violence.

Ok well if you think its wrong to rape then be my guest. But don't you dare dictate your values to those with a different views (I.e. rapists).

or do you think its ok to dictate your values to some people because you personally find what they are doing to be morally wrong?
Original post by Jess104
imo non-vegans should have to visit a slaughter house if they want to conitnue supporting animal suffering. "invitro" meats are being developed and hopefully in the future it will be possible to eat meat with minimal animal suffering and no need to slaughter an animal. bacon is a class 1 carcinogen btw - might want to reconsider eating a faux alternative for your own health, if not for the animals/environment

illogical. do you go to factories where quorn is made ? do you visit gardens where plants are grown ? do you visit factories where your clothes are made? sweat shops ? do you have to visit the makers of everything ever made to be able to use it ?

no.
Reply 76
so do you think that forcing opinion is acceptable in all, or some cases?

im struggling to see how you equate breaking the law with militant veganism .

do you force everyone to agree with you with everything ?

You were arguing that you shouldn't force your opinion onto people. I was just pointing out that forcing your opinion onto people is how society operates. You are literally forcing your opinion onto a rapist when you send them to prison for raping someone. Or a murderer for murdering someone.
Reply 77
They don't even try and hide their propaganda.
Original post by ThomH97
That argument simply doesn't work on someone who doesn't have the same axiomatic belief as you that cows, pigs and chickens are equal to humans.

You don’t have to believe that any animal is equal to a human, just that no sentient being capable of suffering should suffer for our pleasure.
Original post by ploiyt
Ok well if you think its wrong to rape then be my guest. But don't you dare dictate your values to those with a different views (I.e. rapists).

or do you think its ok to dictate your values to some people because you personally find what they are doing to be morally wrong?

That's the thing, I don't dictate anything to anyone. In my comment, I didn't endorse or reject the idea of kiling animals, I've simply pointed out the hypocrisy in ideology of vegan militants.

I think it is never okay to dictate anything to anyone regardless of your opinion, but to have a civilised discussion about a topic. Storming a steakhouse is not civilised, it is barbaric, yet again an example of hypocrisy. (Killing animals is barbaric after all.)

I have nothing against vegans protesting, they are completely justified to do so as it is their right, as long as it is peaceful.
(edited 5 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending