The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Accommodation for postgraduate mature student

Hi all,

I've had a conditional offer for the MSc Applied Clinical Psychology course for September 2019. I would absolutely love to go to Bath, but I currently live up North in Wakefield and don't know much about the area.

I'll be attending as a mature student (30) and will need to find accommodation. Can anyone recommend a good area, or let me know if there is any student accommodation suitable for mature students? I was also considering maybe living in Bristol as rent seems to be cheaper, or maybe some other area.

Any advice would be fabulous!

Thanks a lot.

Loren
Original post by Nerol
Hi all,

I've had a conditional offer for the MSc Applied Clinical Psychology course for September 2019. I would absolutely love to go to Bath, but I currently live up North in Wakefield and don't know much about the area.

I'll be attending as a mature student (30) and will need to find accommodation. Can anyone recommend a good area, or let me know if there is any student accommodation suitable for mature students? I was also considering maybe living in Bristol as rent seems to be cheaper, or maybe some other area.

Any advice would be fabulous!

Thanks a lot.

Loren

Hi Loren,

There are lots of options for post-grad students in terms of accomodation here at Bath. I'm a current 2nd year undergraduate student at the Uni of Bath but hopefully I can provide you with some links/information to help you know what your options are.

If you're interested in campus accomodation this link should be helpful as well as this video.

Many students choose to live in Oldfield Park - this is cheaper than the town centre and university bus routes travel through frequently 24/7. Although popular with undergraduate students, there are also lots of post-grad students and families who live there too.

Bristol is also an option and the train journey from Temple Meads to Bath Spa is only about 15 minutes.

Hopefully this'll help and feel free to ask me any more questions!

Katie, 2nd year Modern Languages student
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by University of Bath
Hi Loren,

There are lots of options for post-grad students in terms of accomodation here at Bath. I'm a current 2nd year undergraduate student at the Uni of Bath but hopefully I can provide you with some links/information to help you know what your options are.

If you're interested in campus accomodation this link should be helpful as well as this video.

Many students choose to live in Oldfield Park - this is cheaper than the town centre and university bus routes travel through frequently 24/7. Although popular with undergraduate students, there are also lots of post-grad students and families who live there too.

Bristol is also an option and the train journey from Temple Meads to Bath Spa is only about 15 minutes.

Hopefully this'll help and feel free to ask me any more questions!

Katie, 2nd year Modern Languages student

Hi Katie,

Thanks so much for the information. I will start looking into it now.

Loren

Quick Reply

Latest