The Student Room Group

Tok ib topic

Does anyone know a very original Theory of knowledge topic for the IB program?
What do you mean topic?
Are you asking this for your presentation?
My presentation is coming up next week and i have no idea what im gonna do for it. By topic i mean if you maybe have some idea for a knowledge question or just theme for the TOK presentation, but which is somewhat original?
Original post by Tashabalaban
My presentation is coming up next week and i have no idea what im gonna do for it. By topic i mean if you maybe have some idea for a knowledge question or just theme for the TOK presentation, but which is somewhat original?

Here is what I did last year and got 10/10.
Chose a real life situation that you are very interested in. Then try and frame a knowledge question on what the ethical debates are regarding your chosen topic. Then try and base your entire presentation completely on the rubric by the ib. This should be your bible/quran/gita.
Everything comes back to the rubric. It will help you get a good grade.
So the topics i considered are saviour child or ethics of torture as a means of eliciting information

But i dont know how to form a knowledge question?
So the topics i considered are saviour child or ethics of torture as a means of eliciting information

But i dont know how to form a knowledge question?

Good topic. Now think of how you can generalise this situation into a knowledge question.
For example, to what extent is the production of scientific knowledge an ethical proceduce?
Key tips for knowldge question. Make sure to mention 2 area's of knowledge in the knowledge question. For example in the earlier question I mention ethics and natural science.
And also mention a way of knowing if possible.
Use my example to come up with similar and better! knowledge questions. The one i said was a half baked response, of which I have not thought about. It should be your goal now to use the template I have given to frame a better and more robust knowledge question.
I dont quite understand what you mean by production of scientific knowledge, could you perhaps clarify this?
I dont quite understand what you mean by production of scientific knowledge, could you perhaps clarify this?

Production of scientific knowledge means like gaining scientific knowledge.
For example, the ethical dilemma about using human beings to test whether a drug works is a big problem in the scientific community, because scientists need to experiment on humans to get accurate data but is that ethical?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending