The Student Room Group

Training Contract 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sadimae123
No literally nothing. They haven’t even replied to my email so now I have no idea what to do cos I don’t wanna send another one like badgering them but its almost October so I’m getting so. Confused. Have you emailed them at all ??

Might be worth calling and leaving a voicemail if you don't hear anything by the end of September. I imagine they're just very busy at the moment.
Original post by C Gallerani
I did - on 4th September.

Applied on the deadline day. Tests submitted mid-August.

VRT - all average with "reasoning" above average.
SJT - social adaptability, attention to detail, social awareness

I don't believe they send out PFOs individually, one per week. My understanding is that they invite even as late as end of September/ early October. You may research the past year forum - there were people doing telephone interviews and ACs quite late.

Fingers crossed.

Oh, interesting...

I got:
VRT - all above average with "interpretation" average.
SJT - social adaptability, attention to detail, self awareness

But was told in august that my results were not sufficient to progress?
Original post by futuretraineeMH
Oh, interesting...

I got:
VRT - all above average with "interpretation" average.
SJT - social adaptability, attention to detail, self awareness

But was told in august that my results were not sufficient to progress?

This is strange. I can't interpret their logic. I understand they read tests results together with the application, and in particular, CV.
Original post by C Gallerani
This is strange. I can't interpret their logic. I understand they read tests results together with the application, and in particular, CV.

Me neither. Yes, they do do that - but I think they also have a benchmark for the tests/ a pass rate in order to slim down the number of applications they actually review. From the email I received, my understanding is that my tests results weren't sufficient to even make it through to that stage.. :frown:
Does anyone mind PMing me thier successful application/cover letter? Trying to get crack the why commercial law and why us format. Thanks
Mayer Brown UPD:

Just had a conversation with Danielle over the phone - she said they are still interviewing people these days and they have AC scheduled at the office in the forthcoming weeks.
Is anyone waiting to hear back from Weil/ have you heard anything?
I just got an email from Weil inviting me to take their critical reasoning test. A little confused as I was not expecting to hear from them this late in the stage. Has anyone completed this stage? If so, is the test similar to the Watson Glaser? Thanks.
Hi all, i have an interview at Trowers and Hamlins next week for a TC and need to do a written numerical and verbal test, document review thing that i then get questioned on and competency based interview. Anyone got any tips/experience of T&H interview? Thanks in advance x
anything from Mayer brown?
Original post by Anonforever101
anything from Mayer brown?

My friend who did the phone interview got invited to the assessment centre the day after the telephone interview.
Original post by Legalminded123
Anyone heard from Thomas Cooper?

They got back to me last week
Anyone heard back from Mayer Brown post assessment centre?
Original post by FloralHybrid
A year down a line, if you’re still on TSR - How did things turn out? Did you get a training contract in the end? :smile:

Hey, no I didn't apply to many training contracts (think I only sent 2) and worked on my experience instead. At one point, I was working 6 days a week and did not have time for applications. However, thankfully it has paid off and I managed to secure a great job at an investment bank (albeit in a rather legal role). This is, however, temporary and I am going to apply this year with a strengthened application so hoping for the best. How about you?
Original post by dreamteam1843
Anyone heard back from Mayer Brown post assessment centre?

any news?
Has anyone heard back from Gowling?
Reply 1316
Has anyone heard back from DLA?
Original post by Yorkhud
Hi, I received a TC offer from Linklaters post AC. My AC was on 08/08/18 and I received my offer on 10/08/18 (though I specifically asked to be told asap as I had another TC offer which expired within the week). Have you heard anything yet?

Hi,
I have an AC in January 2019 with Linklaters for a Spring Vacation scheme. Do you have any tips/words of advice? :smile:
Hi,

Has anyone heard anything from Walker Morris?
Hi all, does anyone have insight into the following (I am fairly confident it should apply across the board)

Following submission of an online assessment is the response usually automated, or does it require manual input from one of the graduate recruitment staff of the firm in question.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending