The Student Room Group

Network Rail Graduate Scheme 2019 Entry

Hey guys, just setting this up for everyone who is planning to or already have applied for the Network Rail graduate scheme for 2019 entry.

Has anyone had any info after the initial application yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I applied for the General Management scheme in October as soon as the schemes opened and still heard nothing back since the initial application and situational judgement test :frown: what did you apply for and what stage are you at?
Original post by GLOB
Hey, I applied for the General Management scheme in October as soon as the schemes opened and still heard nothing back since the initial application and situational judgement test :frown: what did you apply for and what stage are you at?

I applied for HR and have got as far as you. I just tried to login to the careers website but it has changed, so my application isnt on my account now.🙃
Reply 3
Original post by luke1997oreilly
I applied for HR and have got as far as you. I just tried to login to the careers website but it has changed, so my application isnt on my account now.🙃

Oh god what a nightmare! I applied last year too and I swear each process was so much quicker! I got from application to tests to video interview within a month whereas this year they’re really taking their time with it
Hey, I applied for the Project Management scheme and I'm only just at the initial application stage. I'm wondering if anyone uploaded any documents for qualifications? I graduate next year so the only thing I could upload is my A level certificates, did any one else do this?
Original post by debsoseun
Hey, I applied for the Project Management scheme and I'm only just at the initial application stage. I'm wondering if anyone uploaded any documents for qualifications? I graduate next year so the only thing I could upload is my A level certificates, did any one else do this?

I also applied for Project Management, i've been invited to do the game assessment yellow hook reef... has anyone else done this yet?
Reply 6
I’ve applied for the HR Scheme. Is anyone attending the webinar next week for the HR schemes?
Reply 7
Hi, I have just applied for the general management scheme, and did the situational adjustment test. I really hope we hear back from them soon. Do any of you know how competitive the scheme is?
Reply 8
I just did the games based assessment (Yellow hook) and I did terribly. Definitely wont be getting through to Video Interview stage.
Reply 9
Bravo to the masterminds at Network Rail who decided to make some of us wait up until five days before Christmas to invite us to do the online assessments which you only have five days to complete.
Any tips on the yellow reef test???? please!!
I applied for the contracts and procurement grad scheme. Just completed my video interview, could’ve gone much better. For anyone that’s going to do it a word of advice, have a pen n paper to hand and make notes whilst reading the questions. All the questions are scenarios based in network rail but don’t forget to link back to personal experiences and your own strengths l. Hope this helps
The maths based questions are easy, find the pattern. Most of the time there are two patterns just find the difference. The English side to it, every answer is in the script given, enough time to skim read a few times for each question. Hope this helps (Original post by Sandra2322)Any tips on the yellow reef test???? please!!
Has anyone been invited to the AC yet? I'm not applying for the Graduate Scheme but the Electrical Engineering Summer Placement.

I got invited for the video interview which I completed last Sunday (the 16th). I felt that it didn't go fantastically so I'm a bit anxious about whether I've made it through or not. Is anyone here at the same stage as me? Or is there anyone lurking from last years process who can shed some light on typical response times?

Cheers.
Anyone heard back from the game test yet? Been a week since I’ve completed it but nothing yet has come back.
They did send a report right after about how the test went though, what sort of scores did people get?
Original post by particlestudent
Anyone heard back from the game test yet? Been a week since I’ve completed it but nothing yet has come back.
They did send a report right after about how the test went though, what sort of scores did people get?

I done my test on the 9th and got an invite for the video interview 4 days later but I'm guessing things just go a lot slower during the festive period so I wouldn't worry. I got >50% percentile for numerical and abstract reasoning.
Original post by Squire1998
I done my test on the 9th and got an invite for the video interview 4 days later but I'm guessing things just go a lot slower during the festive period so I wouldn't worry. I got >50% percentile for numerical and abstract reasoning.

Thanks.
I got >50% percentile in one and average in the other, maybe it’s a rejection haha.
They took quite a long time to invite me to rhe games test though
I have been invited to do a video interview for the General Management Scheme, has anybody completed this interview yet and have any tip? What types of questions do they ask?
Original post by particlestudent
Thanks.
I got >50% percentile in one and average in the other, maybe it’s a rejection haha.
They took quite a long time to invite me to rhe games test though

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I done my video interview on the 16th and haven't heard a peep either. I didn't feel it went very well so I'm expecting the worst.
Original post by Squire1998
Well, if it makes you feel any better, I done my video interview on the 16th and haven't heard a peep either. I didn't feel it went very well so I'm expecting the worst.

I got a reply today offering me to do the video interview, which I have to complete in the next week. :biggrin:

Probably the most nerve-racking stage. I have to respond to 5 scenarios with some related questions, any tips on what to expect? Mine is a different scheme to yours so not sure how different it'd be lol

Quick Reply

Latest