The Student Room Group

Network Rail Graduate Scheme 2019 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HeyThereHarry
Did you get the email today ‘reminding’ you to book a slot? Not that there’s anywhere in my account area to book one!!

How long does it take after the video interview for them to get back to you?
Did you get the email today ‘reminding’ you to book a slot? Not that there’s anywhere in my account area to book one!!

Yes i did, and i have the same problem as you. I just don't understand.
Original post by kapslock16
Yes i did, and i have the same problem as you. I just don't understand.

Don't know if you've contacted them, but I decided to ring them yesterday: a man called Sunny just reiterated what is obvious - the dates aren't there yet - and apologised; he said we'll hear more from them soon
Reply 43
Don't know if you've contacted them, but I decided to ring them yesterday: a man called Sunny just reiterated what is obvious - the dates aren't there yet - and apologised; he said we'll hear more from them soon

Which schemes did you apply for ? @HeyThereHarry and @kapslock16
has anyone else gotten AC invitation
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Youme15
Which schemes did you apply for ? @HeyThereHarry and @kapslock16
has anyone else gotten AC invitation

General management! You??

Same general Management
Reply 46

Electrical. No reply since VI. Just wondering how long it takes to get invited for AC
Original post by Youme15
Electrical. No reply since VI. Just wondering how long it takes to get invited for AC

Think I did the VI around December 20th and then they said I’d passed it like 2 or so days ago, when I posted about it here. Note that passing the VI doesn’t equal an invite to the AC, which then came through the following day.
I have been receiving the same emails around ‘reminding’ me to book the assessment centre. I have tried to ring but can’t get through. Are you under the impression that this does mean we have got through to the assessment centre? @HeyThereHarry
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by BillySim234
I have been receiving the same emails around ‘reminding’ me to book the assessment centre. I have tried to ring but can’t get through. Are you under the impression that this does mean we have got through to the assessment centre? @HeyThereHarry

Yeah I am. At least that’s the impression I got when I rang they said not to worry and that they’d be sorting the dates soon. Hopefully we’ll all hear more next week.
Yeah I am. At least that’s the impression I got when I rang they said not to worry and that they’d be sorting the dates soon. Hopefully we’ll all hear more next week.

Oh that’s good then I assumed it was an error as the emails don’t really make sense! Hopefully that is the case and we hear back next week.
I have had numerous emails asking for me to accept or reject a place at the AC. However, there is no option on my application website to do this. I've emailed countless times over the week but not heard back. The emails say my application will be withdrawn if I do not let them know within the next week. I'm applying for general management scheme in Wales location. Does anyone know where the training will be and for how long?
Reply 52
did the VI on the 10th, still not had a reply. Guess it's a rejection!
10th January??? 😂 It took 3 weeks for my acceptance to come through

Original post by Jasminecs
I have had numerous emails asking for me to accept or reject a place at the AC. However, there is no option on my application website to do this. I've emailed countless times over the week but not heard back. The emails say my application will be withdrawn if I do not let them know within the next week. I'm applying for general management scheme in Wales location. Does anyone know where the training will be and for how long?

I think everyone is having the same issue so I wouldn’t worry. Also, what do you mean by training?
Reply 55
Original post by Jasminecs
10th January??? 😂 It took 3 weeks for my acceptance to come through

I've just been getting rejection after rejection for the past few months. I've gotta stop acting pessimistic :smile:
I think everyone is having the same issue so I wouldn’t worry. Also, what do you mean by training?

Original post by Yetix
I've just been getting rejection after rejection for the past few months. I've gotta stop acting pessimistic :smile:

I believe that we have to go to Westwood training facility or Milton Keynes before we start at a location of our choosing.

I understand your pain Yetix! What other schemes have you applied for?
So I just got a phone call saying I’d been successful and getting an invite to an assessment centre THIS Friday. I have an exam that day so said that I wouldn’t be able to attend it. I asked whether there are/will be any other assesment centres and she said it depends and couldn’t give me a definite answer. 4 days notice for an assesment centre seems a bit short though, no?!
Original post by Sophie.2468
So I just got a phone call saying I’d been successful and getting an invite to an assessment centre THIS Friday. I have an exam that day so said that I wouldn’t be able to attend it. I asked whether there are/will be any other assesment centres and she said it depends and couldn’t give me a definite answer. 4 days notice for an assesment centre seems a bit short though, no?!

Wow that’s crazy.
What programme have you applied for?
Wow that’s crazy.
What programme have you applied for?

The Human Resources scheme, what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest