The Student Room Group

Psychology Help

Hey everyone. Hope you are having a wonderful day.
I wanted to know something: Excluding classical and operant conditioning and observational learning, are there any other theories on how behaviour can be learnt?
Please help psychology students.
social learning theory, vicarious reinforcement?
Isn't observational learning come under social learning theory as well as vicarious reinforcement?
Original post by Noodlzzz
social learning theory, vicarious reinforcement?
Original post by Chibidragon
Isn't observational learning come under social learning theory as well as vicarious reinforcement?

Hmm I guess so. I'm not aware of any other theories not mentioned, but behaviourism isn't really my field!
Hey everyone. Hope you are having a wonderful day.
I wanted to know something: Excluding classical and operant conditioning and observational learning, are there any other theories on how behaviour can be learnt?

Social identity theory, social categorisation theory.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Hmm I guess so. I'm not aware of any other theories not mentioned, but behaviourism isn't really my field!

ahhh okay no problem.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Social identity theory, social categorisation theory.

but behaviours are not learnt by these theories if you think about it? or do they?
but behaviours are not learnt by these theories if you think about it? or do they?

It depends. In social identity theory, people identify with their ingroup. Eventually they will adopt the behaviours of the ingroup in order to maintain their group membership. You could link it to learning behaviours in this way. So no it isn't a direct learning theory but behaviours are still learned. Similar with social categorisation theory.
Original post by DrawTheLine
It depends. In social identity theory, people identify with their ingroup. Eventually they will adopt the behaviours of the ingroup in order to maintain their group membership. You could link it to learning behaviours in this way. So no it isn't a direct learning theory but behaviours are still learned. Similar with social categorisation theory.

hmmm.... makes sense in a way. thank you :biggrin:
Hi, I’m a Health Psychology undergraduate student studying Health Psychology. I am urgently looking for people to complete my survey which is based on binge eating, proactive coping, perceived stress and personality traits.

I would appreciate if anyone would take their time to complete my survey! If anyone has theirs I’ll be more then happy to complete it also!

Thank you! The link is https://bedshealthsciences.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ba5RyJWMdKWl5lj?Q_CHL=social&Q_SocialSource=facebook

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending