The Student Room Group
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website

2018-2019 Heriot-Watt Applicants

:nutcase: Hello

This thread is for Heriot-Watt applicants, for whatever course, at whichever study level looking to apply for entry in 2019 :biggrin:

Here is a suggested template to get the discussion rolling:

Name/Username:
Course(s) Applied for:
Other Unis Applied to:
Anything Else:

Good luck :borat:

Scroll to see replies

Hey! Does anyone know how competitive and what grades are required to get the international distinction scholarship for Heriot watt?
(edited 5 years ago)
The reception
Heriot-Watt University
Visit website
TonicCrane
Courses - CS Honours with Diploma in Industrial Placement
Other Uni's: Strathclyde, Glasgow, UWS
Grades: ABBBC Highers
Predicted Grades: AA(AH) AA(H)
Name/Username: Rita
Course(s) Applied for: Biological Sciences (Human Health)
Other Unis Applied to: Aberdeen, Strathclyde, Dundee and Edinburgh Napier

Doing resits for Bio, Chem and Econ.
Predicted 5,5,5 for those 3 (doing the IB)
Reply 4
course: chemical engineering
other unis: edinburgh, strathclyde, aberdeen, glasgow
higher grades: AAAAA
current subjects: maths, chemistry, physics

application submitted: 20/11/18
acknowledged: 22/11/18
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by bean101
course: chemical engineering
other unis: edinburgh, strathclyde, aberdeen, glasgow
higher grades: AAAAA
current subjects: maths, chemistry, physics

application submitted: 20/11/18
acknowledged: 22/11/18

Just got an unconditional
26/11/18
Original post by Blue_Cow
:nutcase: Hello

This thread is for Heriot-Watt applicants, for whatever course, at whichever study level looking to apply for entry in 2019 :biggrin:

Here is a suggested template to get the discussion rolling:

Name/Username:
Course(s) Applied for:
Other Unis Applied to:
Anything Else:

Good luck :borat:

Hello Dear,
First of all please be informed That I am interested in studying at The University of Heriot. Secondly, I am a Libyan Canadian graduate who has been teaching at the Higher Institute of Engineering Technology in Zliten Libya for many years. In fact I was granted a chance to do a PhD by the Libyan government if I get an admission at one of these univesities where Heriot happened to be one of them.
Consequently, I am writing to you this email to get me connected with the right persone or email to write to them and send all reqirements. I may also send you my CV to you, but please let me konw if I can send it from this site as an attachement, otherwise, give me the right email to do it.
Furthermors, I must let you know that I prefer doing my PhD in Engineering of Materials or Engineering Management as the first and second choise.....
Thank you very much for your cooperation in this matter and I am looking forward to hearing from you back in regard soon.
Reply 7
Original post by Adnan Abuhajar
Hello Dear,
First of all please be informed That I am interested in studying at The University of Heriot. Secondly, I am a Libyan Canadian graduate who has been teaching at the Higher Institute of Engineering Technology in Zliten Libya for many years. In fact I was granted a chance to do a PhD by the Libyan government if I get an admission at one of these univesities where Heriot happened to be one of them.
Consequently, I am writing to you this email to get me connected with the right persone or email to write to them and send all reqirements. I may also send you my CV to you, but please let me konw if I can send it from this site as an attachement, otherwise, give me the right email to do it.
Furthermors, I must let you know that I prefer doing my PhD in Engineering of Materials or Engineering Management as the first and second choise.....
Thank you very much for your cooperation in this matter and I am looking forward to hearing from you back in regard soon.

I think you should send this to Heriot-Watt directly.
Reply 8
Pleaselet let me know or direct me how I can send or write to Heriot-Watt directly, I mean the right person, right department or right emial......etc, the fact I'm really having trouble finding that. thanks.

PG Admissions e-mail here: [email protected]

You might want to have a read here: https://www.findaphd.com/advice/finding/phd-faqs.aspx to find out/understand how PhDs are structured in the UK.
Please let me know or direct me how I can send or write to Heriot-Watt directly, I mean the persone in charge , the right department or the right email,.......etc, the fact I am really having trouble finding that. Thanks
Name/Username: Kyle
Course(s) Applied for: Bsc Computer Science
Other Unis Applied to: Glasgow, strathclyde, UWS, Stirling, Heriot Watt
Anything Else: Higher grades ABCCD

applications sent- 13/12/18
acknowledged- 15/12/18
Conditional Offer- 19/12/18 requirements B at higher maths ( My D last year is in higher maths)
Hi Adnan Abuhajar,

I would recommend contacting the Postgraduate Research Office in the School of Engineering and Physical Sciences:

+44(0)131 451 3027 / +44(0)131 451 4559
[email protected]

Please note that after tomorrow (Friday 21st), the University will be closed until Thursday 3rd Jan 2019.

Carole

Please let me know or direct me how I can send or write to Heriot-Watt directly, I mean the persone in charge , the right department or the right email,.......etc, the fact I am really having trouble finding that. Thanks
Thank you and Mary Christmas Carole to you and family.
You too, Adnan! :santa2:

Thank you and Mary Christmas Carole to you and family.
Name/Username: Camesha
Course(s) Applied for: French/German (Interpreting and Translating)
Other Unis Applied to: Aberdeen, St Andrews, Glasgow, Edinburgh

National 5 Grades: AAABCD - As in French, German and English, B in maths, C in history, D in physics
Predicted Grades: AAABC (H) - As in French, German and English, B in maths, C in history

Application Submitted: 14/12/18
Application Acknowledged: 18/12/18

Not yet received an offer, but incredibly hopeful! :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Name/Username: Lewis Watson
Course(s) Applied for: BSc Computer Science
Other Unis Applied to: Edinburgh, Stirling, Heriot-Watt, Dundee, Napier(Offer)
Anything Else: Applied before Christmas break so hoping for offers soon.
Hi,
Just started a post graduate Construction Project Management course distance learningwith Heriott Watt and only found out that most of the assessments are sitting exams. Is there a list with their approved exam centres? Thanks
Original post by Iozefini
Hi,
Just started a post graduate Construction Project Management course distance learningwith Heriott Watt and only found out that most of the assessments are sitting exams. Is there a list with their approved exam centres? Thanks

Hi Iozefini,

There are hundreds of exam centres all over the world. The PG Online team will be able to help you with your closest exam centre. Can you email the team with more information: [email protected]

Thanks again,
Keir
Reply 18
Name/Username: Cameron
Course(s) Applied for: BSc Computer Systems
Other Unis Applied to: Brighton, Sheffield Hallam, Oxford Brookes, Nottingham Trent
Anything Else: Actually got accepted onto this for 2017 but couldn't get clearance to get out of the Army in time and had to let the offer lapse. Really hope I get an offer again as I was gutted I couldn't take it up. Hoping the fact I let it time lapse due to waiting for the absolute shambles of interviews I had with the Army doesn't anger the admission gods.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi

Does Heriot-Watt send acknowledgments for applications and, if so, how long after applications would an acknowledgment be expected? I applied 12 days ago and haven't had an answer.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest