The Student Room Group

gap year while at uni

has anyone taken a gap year/break between 2nd and3rd year of uni? what was your experience/anything you wish you had known

thanks
Original post by Kiimii
has anyone taken a gap year/break between 2nd and3rd year of uni? what was your experience/anything you wish you had known

thanks

Other than suspending your studies due to things like health reasons or doing a year abroad/in industry, it isn't very common to voluntarily take a 'gap year' during your course. I can't imagine that any university would be happy to allow it, and it would also mess up your student finance payments.

Why don't you wait and take a gap year after you've finished studying?
Reply 2
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Other than suspending your studies due to things like health reasons or doing a year abroad/in industry, it isn't very common to voluntarily take a 'gap year' during your course. I can't imagine that any university would be happy to allow it, and it would also mess up your student finance payments.

Why don't you wait and take a gap year after you've finished studying?

Ive been having problems at uni which are taking a negative toll on my mental health. i think id benefit from taking a bit of a step back but obviously want to properly think everything through
Original post by Kiimii
Ive been having problems at uni which are taking a negative toll on my mental health. i think id benefit from taking a bit of a step back but obviously want to properly think everything through

That would involve suspending your studies then, not having a gap year. Many people do this in order to sort out things in their personal lives and get on track, so talk to student support at your university and your personal tutor to see if this is the best course of action for you. They may be able to suggest other solutions for you rather than you having to suspend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending