The Student Room Group

ucas gap year

if i was to be accepted into a uni lower than my final grades and i cant find better through clearing but have grades good enough for better unis, can i take a gap year and then apply and is getting a place at a better uni likely
You can take a gap year if you want. Nothing is stopping you or forcing you to do that either way.

Note that you can't apply while holding a deferred entry offer, so bear that in mind.

Whether it's "likely" depends on a lot of factors. Ultimately nothing is guaranteed though.
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
You can take a gap year if you want. Nothing is stopping you or forcing you to do that either way.

Note that you can't apply while holding a deferred entry offer, so bear that in mind.

Whether it's "likely" depends on a lot of factors. Ultimately nothing is guaranteed though.

but im abit worried because not many people do it so it is harder to get in as a reapplicant eg bad stigma around you
Original post by ramare23
but im abit worried because not many people do it so it is harder to get in as a reapplicant eg bad stigma around you

There is no such stigma.
Reply 4
Original post by artful_lounger
There is no such stigma.

ah thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending