The Student Room Group

Trump team accused of posting edited images on social media.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46977712

Who. The. ****. Cares.

Fabricated outrage. Nauseous journalism.

Scroll to see replies

Don't act like it isn't hilarious. It's clearly hilarious.
Reply 2
Original post by Captain Haddock
Don't act like it isn't hilarious. It's clearly hilarious.

You find it funny?

I can’t imagine anyone over the of 10 would.
Doubt you could find a public figure who hasn't airbrushed their pics. Don't particularly give a *******.
So what.
news
Reply 6
Might do it meself.
Reply 7
Original post by Notoriety
Doubt you could find a public figure who hasn't airbrushed their pics. Don't particularly give a *******.

Exactly this.
lol BBC news
They're having to do overtime, fabricating stuff to deflect attention from the latest nutjob. Within the last week, it's been one after another.

Say what you like about the man but he sure has done us a favour by baiting all this crap out of the shadows and into the open. The media are consuming themselves in a bonfire that will leave nothing but ashes behind and God knows what sort of Phoenix will come out at the other end. I don't like the way all this is headed, it's like a noxious cloud enveloping everything. Cultural takeover of the institutions, they always said it was a conspiracy and look at it now.

Well done to the BBC for covering it, one of those things we simply have to be made aware of as part of their anti-Trump bidding. On Twitter, someone wrote...
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Occitanie
Who. The. ****. Cares.

Fabricated outrage. Nauseous journalism.

You're right, this has just gone completely insane by now and why hold back? Dead right, this is a load of crap.

But now he has been accused of sharing doctored images in which his physical condition has been visibly enhanced.

A number of pictures, first identified by the website Gizmodo, appear to show the president looking slimmer and neater than in the original version.

Social media users were quick to point out the possible tweaks to this image, which was shared on Mr Trump's official Instagram and Facebook accounts.

Changed my mind, it is not crap. It is political activism dressed up as journalism, they are fairly successful with it.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 11
they do a lot worse things than retouching photos tbh. it's amazing what framing, lighting and camera angles can do to manipulate a story.

it's not a frivolous conversation tho just because they all do it. the image is part of the propaganda so criticising the text but not the photo makes no sense. i realise the president needs to look his best at all times, because if he looks fat and haggard then he doesn't look competent and mentally capable of running the country; that's why they do it. but if we just shrug then we might as well say propaganda is fine and dandy. it's not.
Reply 12
Original post by Joleee
they do a lot worse things than retouching photos tbh. it's amazing what framing, lighting and camera angles can do to manipulate a story.

it's not a frivolous conversation tho just because they all do it. the image is part of the propaganda so criticising the text but not the photo makes no sense. i realise the president needs to look his best at all times, because if he looks fat and haggard then he doesn't look competent and mentally capable of running the country; that's why they do it. but if we just shrug then we might as well say propaganda is fine and dandy. it's not.

Propaganda?!? :lol:

Good one!
Original post by Joleee

You're saying it can be criticised. The point being made is that it should not attract this much attention, which is a separate issue. Looking at the pic and thinking "clearly edited, looks daft" doesn't mean you think it should be covered by the major news outlets in a sustained way.

Focusing on such trivial issues serves only to distract from substantive debate and issus, and I believe it dumbs down the younger generation who receive their news from these major news outlets.
Those examples are meaningless. Every politician is going to want to look better superficially, from Sarkozy wearing high heels in public to actual photoshoots. Sure, we're trying to move away from photoshopping people these days, but it still goes on and nobody's going to change their vote based on this. It is funny they made his hands bigger though.

The editing of the karate chop video was much more sinister and worthy of criticism.
Reply 15
Original post by Notoriety
You're saying it can be criticised. The point being made is that it should not attract this much attention, which is a separate issue. Looking at the pic and thinking "clearly edited, looks daft" doesn't mean you think it should be covered by the major news outlets in a sustained way.

Focusing on such trivial issues serves only to distract from substantive debate and issus, and I believe it dumbs down the younger generation who receive their news from these major news outlets.

i agree that we are constantly distracted with stupid 'news stories' and that it makes us dumber. i just don't think this is one of them. we need to question these things so we know what our standards are and so we know not to buy into everything we see and read. a photo isn't just a photo. it's probably more important than the text. if we don't talk about it, then no one thinks about it. so while airbrushing in itself is trivial - indeed in the grand scheme of photo manipulation it is the least of our worries - not talking about it doesn't help our media comprehension.
Trump-bashing has become not only fashionable but also a money-maker for many people, it is no exageration to regard it as an industry. We are having this conversation because some people in the middle of it put out yet another piece of meat and the rest of the network come feeding for their own gain. The BBC have a constant watch on that, Trump is like a trigger word for everyone in the game. News!

There will be a bluddy recession the day he goes, job losses everywhere in the media circus. CNN may not survive it any better than Fox would were the Left to vanish from the political scene. They won't remember anymore what it was like before Trump and their customers tune in mainly to get a fix of Trump-bashing, bit of a situation there. They'd better actually try and get him re-elected, Fox will always have the Left to exploit. Knowing what lefties are like... they'll do their best to kill the golden goose.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by zhog
Trump-bashing has become not only fashionable but also a money-maker for many people, it is no exageration to regard it as an industry. We are having this conversation because some people in the middle of it put out yet another piece of meat and the rest of the network come feeding for their own gain. The BBC have a constant watch on that, Trump is like a trigger word for everyone in the game. News!

There will be a bluddy recession the day he goes, job losses everywhere in the media circus. CNN may not survive it any better than Fox would were the Left to vanish from the political scene. They won't remember anymore what it was like before Trump and their customers tune in mainly to get a fix of Trump-bashing, bit of a situation there. They'd better actually try and get him re-elected, Fox will always have the Left to exploit. Knowing what lefties are like... they'll do their best to kill the golden goose.

You act like poor old Trump is the only man ever to be subject to this kind of scrutiny. As if. Remember the time Ed Milliband ate a sandwich and the media sphere exploded?
Original post by Dez
You act like poor old Trump is the only man ever to be subject to this kind of scrutiny. As if. Remember the time Ed Milliband ate a sandwich and the media sphere exploded?

Politician makes goofy face eating sandwich prompting papers to take the mick for a couple of weeks.

Politician fuels an unprecedented media frenzy for literally years with dozens (perhaps hundreds) of articles published every day attacking literally everything he has ever said or done regardless of how utterly innocuous or benign those things might actually be.

Yeah, I suppose it's basically the same.
Reply 19
Original post by Dandaman1
Politician makes goofy face eating sandwich prompting papers to take the mick for a couple of weeks.

Politician fuels an unprecedented media frenzy for literally years with dozens (perhaps hundreds) of articles published every day attacking literally everything he has ever said or done regardless of how utterly innocuous or benign those things might actually be.

Yeah, I suppose it's basically the same.

Trump has brought most of this upon himself. He deliberately stokes controversy and division. He frequently makes very public declarations against his perceived enemies. He is incredibly thin-skinned. His tweets are so ridiculous sometimes they're almost beyond ridicule. And don't get me started on those ego-inflating rallies he constantly holds. He wanted the media spotlight, and he got exactly what he wished for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending