The Student Room Group

do social media make you feel lonely?

Especially all these couples. I think a few decades ago, it was easy for someone to accept that they won't find anyone. Now, it's so difficult because the social media is filled with pics and vids of couples doing romantic stuff.

It makes me feel like ****...how do you guys cope with it? just delete social media? change of mindset?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Especially all these couples. I think a few decades ago, it was easy for someone to accept that they won't find anyone. Now, it's so difficult because the social media is filled with pics and vids of couples doing romantic stuff.

It makes me feel like ****...how do you guys cope with it? just delete social media? change of mindset?

I mean u just gotta be happy by urself, its not very useful advice but its true and what u gotta do. If ur not happy by urself, ur not gonna be happy in a relationship (maybe in the shortterm yea but not in the long term)
Reply 2
I haven't joined any social media platforms and won't be joining any. I've seen first hand how social media can affect people. When some friends joined social media I saw the impact it had on their mental health and their studies. I'm so glad I'm not joining any social media platforms. Although I'm not on social media I do sometimes feel cut of from the world as many people use social media platforms to message each other.

I'm 22, I have an android, I only have my banking apps, Gmail, text messages and contacts. Maybe, try and see if you can change the algorithm of these videos, you could try watching more cute animal videos for example. I would say have a think about deleting social media, way up the pros and cons. Or you could do social media detox.

My sister has every social media app and she does a regular social media detox, she's on it one month then off it the next month. She has these social media detox cards where they give her stuff to do to keep her of the apps. If I can find them, I'll edit this post providing a link.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending