The Student Room Group

Do dumb people pass university?

Tbh, I think I’m kinda dumb like I’m not smart and I’ve got issues so when it come to exams I’m literally done I’ll definitely fail them without a doubt. They’re just scary. Assignments are okay because I’ve been doing them for my entire life. It’s university, like everything is hard right? Nothing could possibly be easy if you’re dumb. Will I even pass university? I just feel like I’m going to fail every year. Ps: I do try REALLY hard but others just seem to know the hang of things. How? Idk
If you made it into university surely you’re not dumb? It could just be your revision techniques coupled with your anxiety that’s letting you down
Original post by Illusination
If you made it into university surely you’re not dumb?

you'd be surprised
If you made it into university surely you’re not dumb? It could just be your revision techniques coupled with your anxiety that’s letting you down

I have seen uni students put tins of beans in the microwave.
Reply 4
When you say dumb, how dumb we talkin?
i mean you must have done A-levels/Btec right? How did you find them?
Also which university and which course plays a huge part in the difficulty.
I personally have friends who studied btecs at college and put literally 0 effort into anything, they would just copy others, theyre currently at uni, doing fine - but i mean not the best unis, not the hardest courses.
what are your options?
Also, have you considered just not going to uni and doing something you'll enjoy whilst also making money? May be worthwhile..
Reply 5
Original post by loralai
When you say dumb, how dumb we talkin?
i mean you must have done A-levels/Btec right? How did you find them?
Also which university and which course plays a huge part in the difficulty.
I personally have friends who studied btecs at college and put literally 0 effort into anything, they would just copy others, theyre currently at uni, doing fine - but i mean not the best unis, not the hardest courses.
what are your options?
Also, have you considered just not going to uni and doing something you'll enjoy whilst also making money? May be worthwhile..

Dumb as in I'm lost. Like I don't even what I'm doing sometimes.
I've studied childcare (CACHE)
London south bank university
I'm studying psychology, first year
Been told that uni is the way to go so working and ”enjoying” life isn't a great path to follow.
Reply 6
Some dumb people hold terminal degrees and teach in universities.
Reply 7

It could be my revision techniques but I can't continuously revise sometimes. It's too hard
Original post by Anonymous
It could be my revision techniques but I can't continuously revise sometimes. It's too hard

Well taking regular breaks is normal and healthy. How long can you revise for at a time?
don't go to uni

Do something else
Well taking regular breaks is normal and healthy. How long can you revise for at a time?

Ngl, 30 mins max. Unless I'm enjoying what I'm doing then 40 but if it's too hard to understand I just forget about it because I'm never going to understand it anyway.
Original post by study beats
don't go to uni

Do something else

I already started uni :/
Yes, dumb people 'pass' uni all the time. But tbh, if you're just aiming to pass there's no point going to uni. Put effort in and get 1/2:1 or don't bother. Jobs that accept a 3rd probably accept those who didn't even go to uni.
Dumb as in I'm lost. Like I don't even what I'm doing sometimes.
I've studied childcare (CACHE)
London south bank university
I'm studying psychology, first year
Been told that uni is the way to go so working and ”enjoying” life isn't a great path to follow.

Tbh, I think I’m kinda dumb like I’m not smart and I’ve got issues so when it come to exams I’m literally done I’ll definitely fail them without a doubt. They’re just scary. Assignments are okay because I’ve been doing them for my entire life. It’s university, like everything is hard right? Nothing could possibly be easy if you’re dumb. Will I even pass university? I just feel like I’m going to fail every year. Ps: I do try REALLY hard but others just seem to know the hang of things. How?

Beleive me that is not always the case.
In this day and age, the payoff of going to uni is alot lower than it once was, you can achieve the exact same jobs throught other means that may suit you better.
I personally believe you gotta really have a passion for it if youre going to pass it.
Its not about the exams at the end of the year, its stressful throughout the year, constant deadlines and assignments, make it so that so many people drop out.
Do your research and if you still think (on your own accord) that uni is your best option, give it a shot, you can always back out later.
Oh I can't and wouldn't other people's work. It's just wrong and definitely not rewarding at all. I don't do that, I make sure I complete all my assignment by myself and if I need help ill just use Moodle
Shameful...
Original post by DarthRoar
Yes, dumb people 'pass' uni all the time. But tbh, if you're just aiming to pass there's no point going to uni. Put effort in and get 1/2:1 or don't bother. Jobs that accept a 3rd probably accept those who didn't even go to uni.

I don't know if I can get a 2.1 + but I'll win for like 2:2 idk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending