The Student Room Group

I really need help

I am a private candidate for this may's AS exam, CIE board. I am taking English language, literature and maths. I am finding it particularly difficult for the English for I didn't take first language in my olevel (because my school disapproved it) and taking English in alevel from second language was a huge jump. I am finding it really hard to write commentaries which is paper 1 in the language exam. I don't know what to talk about nor is able to fit into the time limit. I am also having some grammar problem, I am being careless of the tenses. I am also finding it hard for the Drama paper because of the time limit and the little availability of sample responses. I would be immensely grateful to anyone helping me because that sure will be of great help. I am really in need of some help for the issues I am facing.
Original post by HusnaMyat
I am a private candidate for this may's AS exam, CIE board. I am taking English language, literature and maths. I am finding it particularly difficult for the English for I didn't take first language in my olevel (because my school disapproved it) and taking English in alevel from second language was a huge jump. I am finding it really hard to write commentaries which is paper 1 in the language exam. I don't know what to talk about nor is able to fit into the time limit. I am also having some grammar problem, I am being careless of the tenses. I am also finding it hard for the Drama paper because of the time limit and the little availability of sample responses. I would be immensely grateful to anyone helping me because that sure will be of great help. I am really in need of some help for the issues I am facing.

I can help with maths, sister.
Reply 2
Original post by Kellyhigh235
I can help with maths, sister.

Thank you so much! But I feel I am fine with maths... It's English I really need help in
Thank you so much! But I feel I am fine with maths... It's English I really need help in

Oh I am sorry, I dont actually do English.

Look at the mark schemes and see why you were put in a certain marking band ( they are almost identical most years).
also Olevel they were made into GCSES?
try taking some online grammar courses to improve your tenses
and do your first language at ALevel lots of ppl in my school did it
Reply 5
Original post by Kellyhigh235
Oh I am sorry, I dont actually do English.

It's alright. I am thankful
Reply 6
Original post by backfloss1
Look at the mark schemes and see why you were put in a certain marking band ( they are almost identical most years).
also Olevel they were made into GCSES?
try taking some online grammar courses to improve your tenses
and do your first language at ALevel lots of ppl in my school did it

Yea I did check the mark schemes. It's just I am finding the commentary writings really impossibly hard.
Yea I did check the mark schemes. It's just I am finding the commentary writings really impossibly hard.

YouTube might have some helpful videos?
if not then the only thing i can sugest is getting private tutoring on this exam or finding a teacher who can help (i do maths but **** at English)
Reply 8
Original post by backfloss1
YouTube might have some helpful videos?
if not then the only thing i can sugest is getting private tutoring on this exam or finding a teacher who can help (i do maths but **** at English)

Yea even currently I am looking into you tube and it does help a lot. I started being able to identify my biggest error (being too stressed to answer that I fail to understand the question). Anyway thank you for replying. It's just really stressful nowadays

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending