The Student Room Group

help me pls -TW

Why am I remembering things that happened when I was 10? (I'm almost 16 now) I have really bad memories (sexual assault) coming back and I can't think of anything else and it's like I'm back there. I'm really confused and a bit panicked?
Reply 1
Is there an adult you consider trustworthy you can share this with ? You don't give any details, but a good starting point is your Doctor, who are there to help your psychological needs as well as physical needs. Pay them a visit. Don't just ignore it.
Reply 2
Original post by HannahGM
Is there an adult you consider trustworthy you can share this with ? You don't give any details, but a good starting point is your Doctor, who are there to help your psychological needs as well as physical needs. Pay them a visit. Don't just ignore it.

there isnt anyone i can talk to and its really hard because i hate the person but i dont want a case and every one (especially my family) to know because they are just going to lie.
Yes could you talk to the doctor or a therapist about it?
Reply 4
Just wanted to say please don’t reply to the person above claiming to be a doctor.
The Student room is not a confidential space.

If you don’t have anyone to speak to i really recommend talking to your GP, at 16 this will be confidential, meaning your family don’t even need to know you have gone.
They are a safe space, and although they may not be able to help with everything they can talk you through possible next steps and resources you can go to if you need help.

Really wishing you the best, I am so sorry this happened to you.

Quick Reply

Latest