The Student Room Group

My stock market pick 2019

Been looking at Small MCAP stocks for several months and my pick for 2019 is Live Company Group (LVCG).

LVCG is a global live kids entertainment and education business using lego. The company was taken over by David Ciclitira in Dec 2017 and throughout 2018 the business grew rapidly acquiring their content producer, Bright Bricks and entering new markets.
There will be 120 events by 2020, across >50 cities on 4 continents. Current m/c - £40m.

David owns 41% of the shares. The free float is 11%

On 14th January David Ciclitira (DC) gave an interview with Vox Markets:
- He said that he’s been having partnership discussions for Europe shows. Focus on building business in mainstream Europe.
- Brickosaurs is a BLOCKBUSTER, where over 100,000 visitors are expected.
- All projects are booked out till 2020.
- Touring and Zoos side is where the significant growth is. DC says expects Zoo contracts to DOUBLE in 2019.
- NEW U.K. shows.
- This year is all about building the business and show the numbers to shareholders.
- He’s “confident” with research note coming in Q1.
- DC says 2019 will be “good year for shareholders”.
- Full Business Plan till 2022.
- New BOD announcements in next 6 weeks.

I think a big company will take over the business in the next 24 months! DYOR

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mattymoo432
Been looking at Small MCAP stocks for several months and my pick for 2019 is Live Company Group (LVCG).

LVCG is a global live kids entertainment and education business using lego. The company was taken over by David Ciclitira in Dec 2017 and throughout 2018 the business grew rapidly acquiring their content producer, Bright Bricks and entering new markets.
There will be 120 events by 2020, across >50 cities on 4 continents. Current m/c - £40m.

David owns 41% of the shares. The free float is 11%

On 14th January David Ciclitira (DC) gave an interview with Vox Markets:
- He said that he’s been having partnership discussions for Europe shows. Focus on building business in mainstream Europe.
- Brickosaurs is a BLOCKBUSTER, where over 100,000 visitors are expected.
- All projects are booked out till 2020.
- Touring and Zoos side is where the significant growth is. DC says expects Zoo contracts to DOUBLE in 2019.
- NEW U.K. shows.
- This year is all about building the business and show the numbers to shareholders.
- He’s “confident” with research note coming in Q1.
- DC says 2019 will be “good year for shareholders”.
- Full Business Plan till 2022.
- New BOD announcements in next 6 weeks.

I think a big company will take over the business in the next 24 months! DYOR

Take any company press regarding future performance and share price with a pinch of salt.

I personally would be concerned about the company's previous performance, lack of cash flow and liabilities.

---

Are you going to stand by your predictions this year or try to erase them like you did with Braveheart Investment Group?
Reply 2
I hope it goes better than last year's prediction

Electroneum.JPG

Electro 2.JPG
Original post by ch0c0h01ic
Take any company press regarding future performance and share price with a pinch of salt.

I personally would be concerned about the company's previous performance, lack of cash flow and liabilities.

---

Are you going to stand by your predictions this year or try to erase them like you did with Braveheart Investment Group?

Unfair to compare previous years as David Ciclitira has only run the company since Dec 2017. Look at H1 2018 results and there was a small profit - which is excellent when you see most of the events took place H2 2018. I do think the full year results could show a small loss/profit as the company did acquire Bright Bricks! Growth in 2018 was massive.

USA, China and Europe is where the biggest growth potential lies but in one of the RNSs was this mega deal for South Korea “LVCG can also announce that it has secured a 5-year licensing deal with Cross Media Group of Seoul, South Korea, for the exclusive right to open and operate BRICKLIVE branded kids cafes in China. Five are expected to be launched in 2018, rising to 30 by the end of 2019 and 100 by the end of 2022.”
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Reue
I hope it goes better than last year's prediction

Electroneum.JPG

Electro 2.JPG

The entire crypto market took a hit last year. Still holding ETN
Reply 5
The entire crypto market took a hit last year.

Good for you, doesn't mean you didnt pump a bad investment.
Big Global businesses like Live Nation or Merlin Entertainments will be watching LVCG imo.

Here’s how LVCG compare to U.K. Comic Con and MacBrooks - whom were both sold for tasty takeover prices

UK ComicCon - 3 events, offered £80m.
MacBrooks - 25 events, across 20 cities. Sold for £200m.
LVCG - 120 events by 2020, across >50 cities on 4 continents. Current m/c - £40m

Possibly the best investment in AIM is hiding in plain sight.
Reply 7
As much as I admire you putting your single stock prediction out there in advance to be later judged on, I personally won't be investing in LVCG.

Perhaps the 2018 accounts will be better than the £5m loss in 2017. £41m valuation seems kinda toppy for a company with under £10m revenue.
Original post by Quady
As much as I admire you putting your single stock prediction out there in advance to be later judged on, I personally won't be investing in LVCG.

Perhaps the 2018 accounts will be better than the £5m loss in 2017. £41m valuation seems kinda toppy for a company with under £10m revenue.

Entertainment businesses always come with a big MCAP. Rapid growth. Broker note out in a few weeks

Regards results I’d be happy with a small loss this for 2018.
i am backing British Diesel cars. all of this negative talk about "brexit"and "the environment" is just smoke and mirrors.
Reply 10
Entertainment businesses always come with a big MCAP. Rapid growth. Broker note out in a few weeks

Looking at this a bit closer GraphicBoy and it does seem bit more interesting. Curious it's still below placement price.

Look forward to you sharing that broker note.
Original post by Quady
Looking at this a bit closer GraphicBoy and it does seem bit more interesting. Curious it's still below placement price.

Look forward to you sharing that broker note.

Graphicboy ?
Unfair to compare previous years as David Ciclitira has only run the company since Dec 2017. Look at H1 2018 results and there was a small profit - which is excellent when you see most of the events took place H2 2018. I do think the full year results could show a small loss/profit as the company did acquire Bright Bricks! Growth in 2018 was massive.

David Ciclitira has been director/chairman since 2001 and his wife is listed as another director. He is formally listed as having "significant control" at least since 2016 (source: Companies House).

The argument that the company has failed to prosper thus far because of his lack of control, or influence, is weak.

I would be very concerned about a company that consistently underperforms, and fuels future growth by debt and/or by issuing new shares.
Reply 13
sniff sniff do i smell a pump and dump??
2 LVCG RNSs out today. A partnership with AWC for shows in Germany - which can extend across Europe. And a premium placing with warrants locked in, to accelerate growth - even further.

The chairman David Ciclitira just gave an interview with Vox Markets - here’s some of the key points:

1. Germany second largest market for lego after the USA
2. Bright Bricks facility has been built in Germany - to Brexit proof business
3. Zoos generate £50k a month per set. 80% profit. That’s £4.32m estimated profit a year - with 9 sets out. Massive.
4. More USA shows are in the pipeline.
5. Talks with Monaco for more shows - the previous show had double the expected visitors.
6. 9 March the European tour starts in Cologne.
7. Bricks in space launching in the summer.
8. AWC promoting top events already including Harry Potter. Not just our German partners but also for the rest of Europe.
9. 60 Bricklive events in 2019.
10. In research note there will be EBITDA figures projected for next 3 years.
11. Europe and U.K. represents 20% of the business.
12. DC has 3 personal targets to achieve by summer.
13. Existing builds are fully booked till Q4 2020 - explains why the placing was necessary
Reply 15
2 LVCG RNSs out today. A partnership with AWC for shows in Germany - which can extend across Europe. And a premium placing with warrants locked in, to accelerate growth - even further.

The chairman David Ciclitira just gave an interview with Vox Markets - here’s some of the key points:

1. Germany second largest market for lego after the USA
2. Bright Bricks facility has been built in Germany - to Brexit proof business
3. Zoos generate £50k a month per set. 80% profit. That’s £4.32m estimated profit a year - with 9 sets out. Massive.
4. More USA shows are in the pipeline.
5. Talks with Monaco for more shows - the previous show had double the expected visitors.
6. 9 March the European tour starts in Cologne.
7. Bricks in space launching in the summer.
8. AWC promoting top events already including Harry Potter. Not just our German partners but also for the rest of Europe.
9. 60 Bricklive events in 2019.
10. In research note there will be EBITDA figures projected for next 3 years.
11. Europe and U.K. represents 20% of the business.
12. DC has 3 personal targets to achieve by summer.
13. Existing builds are fully booked till Q4 2020 - explains why the placing was necessary

Another day, another placing ><
Original post by Quady
Another day, another placing ><

All the sets are booked till Q4 2020. This placing has provided the cash to escalate growth
Superb David Cilitra interview on Proactive investors today - talking about Live Company Group

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D23UovPnuCs
Live company Group (LVCG) Bright Bricks in the Daily Mail this week
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6712823/Shes-absolute-brick-Parliament-ridiculed-spending-19-000-Lego-suffragette-statue.html?ito=whatsapp_share_article-top

Also have been on BBC South, Vox Markets, Proactive investors, local radio stations and other national newspapers including The Times.
Live company Group (LVCG) Bright Bricks in the Daily Mail this week
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6712823/Shes-absolute-brick-Parliament-ridiculed-spending-19-000-Lego-suffragette-statue.html?ito=whatsapp_share_article-top

Also have been on BBC South, Vox Markets, Proactive investors, local radio stations and other national newspapers including The Times.

This is all just stock market noise.

There is no correlation to company statements and interviews, and mentions in the media, to performance or share price.

These posts serve little purpose other than to grab attention and try to push up share price, just like you did with Braveheart Investment Group and Electroneum last year. It is concerning that you then try to erase your past erroneous predictions.

If you want to prove that you are a genuine investor and not a "pump and dump" con artist the best thing you can do is walk away and revisit this thread in 12 months time to see if your predictions are correct.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending