The Student Room Group

Anyone have any elective contacts - bit of an emergency

My elective in Canada just fell through and my med school want a provisional application form with details of where we're going by the end of the week if we want to go abroad!
Does anyone have any contacts who will get back to me quickly - I don't need to have sorted out any documentation or anything, just need place, name and their contact details for the form.
Contact your med school with the situation and how you're solving it - it might gain you more leniency. I organised an elective abroad with about 2 months notice until I actually went, I've heard of cases with mere weeks notice - I hope your med schools isn't being too cautious!

I do have a contact for elective in St Kitts and Nevis, but tbh he doesn't really reply quickly unless you get lucky.
Original post by nexttime
Contact your med school with the situation and how you're solving it - it might gain you more leniency. I organised an elective abroad with about 2 months notice until I actually went, I've heard of cases with mere weeks notice - I hope your med schools isn't being too cautious!

I do have a contact for elective in St Kitts and Nevis, but tbh he doesn't really reply quickly unless you get lucky.

Hey, thanks for your reply. I've told my med school about it and they're giving me an extension to sort things out fortunately. Could you give me your contact's details?
Original post by theresheglows
Hey, thanks for your reply. I've told my med school about it and they're giving me an extension to sort things out fortunately. Could you give me your contact's details?

I can. Its a very small island (Nevis) and the pace of medicine there is positively sleepy! My contact there who likes taking students is a surgeon, but you could definitely just follow whoever you wanted in the hospital though (there are only like 8 doctors). The island is pretty sleepy too, but it does have a med school which caters to Americans.

I'd rather this guy's email wasn't completely public (its just his personal email address) so PM me or something if still interested.
Original post by nexttime
I can. Its a very small island (Nevis) and the pace of medicine there is positively sleepy! My contact there who likes taking students is a surgeon, but you could definitely just follow whoever you wanted in the hospital though (there are only like 8 doctors). The island is pretty sleepy too, but it does have a med school which caters to Americans.

I'd rather this guy's email wasn't completely public (its just his personal email address) so PM me or something if still interested.

Thanks, I’ve pm’d you. How easy was it to sort accommodation?
Original post by theresheglows
Thanks, I’ve pm’d you. How easy was it to sort accommodation?

For me yes because I also know other people on the island! :p:

If you ask the contact its possible you might be able to organise something at the med school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending