The Student Room Group

Make notes online or on paper?

So i see lots of people in my year (year 12) making notes on the website Quizlet as its very easy and very quick in making notes however i do it on paper. I take a much longer amount of time however apparently its better to make notes yourself on paper than online as its scientifically proven to be better or something? Im unsure if i should start making them online as it would be much quicker or continue doing them how i normally do which is on paper or flashcards
Original post by cbains02
So i see lots of people in my year (year 12) making notes on the website Quizlet as its very easy and very quick in making notes however i do it on paper. I take a much longer amount of time however apparently its better to make notes yourself on paper than online as its scientifically proven to be better or something? Im unsure if i should start making them online as it would be much quicker or continue doing them how i normally do which is on paper or flashcards

i don't know how valid this is for school but it took me 4 years of uni (by which time it was too late) to learn that both notepads and online were not very good ideas... what i should have done was printed off the lecturers' powerpoint slides and annotated them with the additional info as they spoke. but maybe in school your teachers don't use many slides.

the most important thing is that your notes can be used as a 'cue' to remind you of the teachers' points or the deeper knowledge found in the textbook or somewhere else
Reply 2
Original post by CollectiveSoul
i don't know how valid this is for school but it took me 4 years of uni (by which time it was too late) to learn that both notepads and online were not very good ideas... what i should have done was printed off the lecturers' powerpoint slides and annotated them with the additional info as they spoke. but maybe in school your teachers don't use many slides.

the most important thing is that your notes can be used as a 'cue' to remind you of the teachers' points or the deeper knowledge found in the textbook or somewhere else

Ok thanks, was asking as my mocks are soon

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending