The Student Room Group

Organisation for IB

I'm starting the IB next week and know that I need to organise my notes/resources and make them along the way. Just wondering what system anyone would recommend? Currently thinking of basically doing like a big binder for each subject then within them doing little folders/plastic wallets per sub topic etc? Just want to streamline resources from the start but thinking of most effective system. :smile:
Reply 1
I used to do that but found keeping everything online much more effective. I do all my notes in Notion. It’s super easy to use once you get used to it. I also scan all the tests/handouts and keep them in folders on my laptop. I’m a bit of a messy person so i would regularly lose all of the papers. Now I have everything from DP1 nicely stored, if I need a physical copy I just print it out.

As for making notes, I figured a method that’s a bit time consuming but effective. I do some notes in class out of what the teachers say (either on my laptop or on paper doesn’t matter). Then when I have some free time I open Notion and use the syllabus, a textbook, class notes and sometimes other resources to create full notes. That way I revise all of the material after class and I have solid revision notes for before the exam.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by allieney
I used to do that but found keeping everything online much more effective. I do all my notes in Notion. It’s super easy to use once you get used to it. I also scan all the tests/handouts and keep them in folders on my laptop. I’m a bit of a messy person so i would regularly lose all of the papers. Now I have everything from DP1 nicely stored, if I need a physical copy I just print it out.

As for making notes, I figured a method that’s a bit time consuming but effective. I do some notes in class out of what the teachers say (either on my laptop or on paper doesn’t matter). Then when I have some free time I open Notion and use the syllabus, a textbook, class notes and sometimes other resources to create full notes. That way I revise all of the material after class and I have solid revision notes for before the exam.

okay that does sound effective, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending