The Student Room Group

Dropping an AS?

Hello I am currently studying 4 AS in biology geography psychology and maths. I want to desperately drop one but I’m not sure which one between psychology and maths as I got Es in both my recent mocks and I’m eqaully struggling in both. Which one do you guys think works best with my other subjects. Later on I’m interested in going into Accounting, Geography or Economics but not all unis requires maths so I dont really have to keep it. Please help?
drop the one u least enjoy
Original post by Andrei2002
Hello I am currently studying 4 AS in biology geography psychology and maths. I want to desperately drop one but I’m not sure which one between psychology and maths as I got Es in both my recent mocks and I’m eqaully struggling in both. Which one do you guys think works best with my other subjects. Later on I’m interested in going into Accounting, Geography or Economics but not all unis requires maths so I dont really have to keep it. Please help?

You will be severely limiting the unis you are likely to get offers from without A level Maths, (for Economics degrees) which is not to say it's impossible - however, a D/E grade wouldn't look great on your UCAS form either. If you're not that good at maths, it may be that a Geography degree would be a better option, in which case the 3rd A level wouldn't matter, and if you dropped an A level you would hopefully be able to improve your grades in the other 3.

Before making the decision, I would talk to both subject teachers and be honest about the fact that you are considering dropping their subject and listen to their advice.
it's a you problem

Quick Reply

Latest