The Student Room Group

Options

I have been offered Law at DMU and Social policy at Bristol.
Please advise which one is better?
Reply 1
Law
Original post by GOOOFY
Law

Why?
Original post by Asan222
I have been offered Law at DMU and Social policy at Bristol.
Please advise which one is better?

Hello there,

A Law degree can help you towards qualifying as a lawyer in the future. We offer all successful DMU Law graduates a place on our Legal Practice Course.

Also, as a Law degree is highly valued, it can also open up opportunities in many different careers. In addition to going into Law, recent DMU graduates have also gone into roles at Barratt Developments PLC, The Ministry of Justice, and the Police.
Reply 4
Thanks that’s what my dad told me
Original post by De Montfort University
Hello there,

A Law degree can help you towards qualifying as a lawyer in the future. We offer all successful DMU Law graduates a place on our Legal Practice Course.

Also, as a Law degree is highly valued, it can also open up opportunities in many different careers. In addition to going into Law, recent DMU graduates have also gone into roles at Barratt Developments PLC, The Ministry of Justice, and the Police.
Original post by De Montfort University
Hello there,

A donkey in a clinically induced coma could get on the LPC, especially at DMU. It's no biggie.

Original post by Asan222
Thanks that’s what my dad told me

The highly insightful DMU rep forgot to mention that non-law can get you into the legal career, also. You'd simply need to do the GDL or its equivalent.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Those are pretty contrasting.

We can’t really help you on this as there’s no “better” one per say as they’re completely different courses with little crossover.

If you’d be happier studying law, go to DMU, if you’d be happier studying social policy, go to Bristol.

You can always do social policy and then do a conversion to law afterwards if that’s the route you want to go down but there’s no right answer here.
Original post by Arisapo
Those are pretty contrasting.

We can’t really help you on this as there’s no “better” one per say as they’re completely different courses with little crossover.

If you’d be happier studying law, go to DMU, if you’d be happier studying social policy, go to Bristol.

You can always do social policy and then do a conversion to law afterwards if that’s the route you want to go down but there’s no right answer here.

Per se, btw.
Reply 8
Original post by Notoriety
Per se, btw.

Knew I needed to scratch up on my Latin.

Thanks Noto, feel like we’ve become amicable.
Original post by Arisapo
Knew I needed to scratch up on my Latin.

Thanks Noto, feel like we’ve become amicable.

Only mention it cos I've seen it a few times; assume it was you doing it.

And "hence why" is another one people use. "Hence" will do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending