The Student Room Group

EPQ Artefact & Oxbridge

Hey,
So I'm in Year 12 hoping to apply to Cambridge. I was originally going for HSPS, I'm now leaning towards Philosophy as my preferred degree at the moment (it's not offered in isolation at Oxford which is why I'll likely opt for Cambridge).
I am also starting the EPQ this year which should be finished in September/October time ish (we have longer than this but they'd prefer for it to be done and out the way before A-Levels).
I should note that I chose to do this project because I genuinely wanted to do it as my enrichment and felt I would enjoy exploring a subject I had an enthusiasm for.
I've been dead set on doing an artefact in the form of an art portfolio dedicated to something animal related (I have possible question proposals ready). If I had to classify myself as a type of artist, I do hyper-realism and was even going to take Art A-Level as a 4th but decided to drop it at the start of the year. I got a 9 in Art GCSE and I think I could be capable of achieving a high grade on the technical side of things.
However, I was wondering: if I'm going for a humanities-based subject at Cambridge, would they look down on my EPQ as an art-based project and expect an essay one instead?
P.S. I currently take Religious Studies, English Lit & History for A-Level which I'm hoping to achieve at least A*AA in.
Thanks!
Original post by ArcticChimera

No, you've got plenty of other essay evidence.
Reply 2
Original post by ArcticChimera
However, I was wondering: if I'm going for a humanities-based subject at Cambridge, would they look down on my EPQ as an art-based project and expect an essay one instead?

Nope. It's not an issue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending