The Student Room Group

Are you suffering from climate change anxiety?

Poll

Do you feel anxious about the future of the environment?

"Psychologists report a rise in people suffering from climate change anxiety or eco-anxiety."

See more here.

They spoke about this on Radio 1 yesterday.

Is this something you resonate with? Do you think that eco-anxiety isn't a legitimate issue to be concerned about? Share your thoughts.

Scroll to see replies

no. we have ****ed up the planet beyond repair. what is the point of worrying ?

:h:
One thing people reported was a feeling of helplessness, as they are only one person and it's the reliance on others to make a real change for the environment, which I can relate to.
Original post by the bear
no. we have ****ed up the planet beyond repair. what is the point of worrying ?

:h:
One of humanity's best qualities is the ability to adapt to pretty much any situation, but it would take years and years (far beyond my lifetime) to adapt to climate change imo. I'm worried more about the generations that will come after us.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
I have said it multiple times on here, there is nothing any of us can do in our lives that will make any difference to climate change or other eco-agendas that are about. Does it bother me? Not really, humans are an abhorent stain on Earths history and the sooner we are gone the better for the planet.
No point worrying about something I have zero control over.

Come to think of it I have always wanted a beach front property, soon we will have Birmingham-on-Sea :woo:
It's done now. Might as well just enjoy our sunny Decembers.
Nah I’ll just get on with my daily life. :biggrin:
Eh, the planet will shove us off like a case of the flu, just another biological error, a natural occurrence that will pass.
Reply 9
Unfortunately, I have so many other anxieties and other issues with stuff in life that the environment only comes up sometimes :frown:. I do what I can to help the environment out of habit :smile: but don't get anxiety from it, especially as nothing cataclysmic probably won't happen in my life time :redface:
Original post by Kraggor
Unfortunately, I have so many other anxieties and other issues with stuff in life that the environment only comes up sometimes :frown:. I do what I can to help the environment out of habit :smile: but don't get anxiety from it, especially as nothing cataclysmic probably won't happen in my life time :redface:

Yh, that's pretty much what I was gonna say, haha
Original post by Obolinda
Yh, that's pretty much what I was gonna say, haha

Glad I could save you time by putting our same point of view into words for you :h:
No i dont have time :redface:
Reply 13
Of course some people are anxious, they are made so by politicians whose whole string to their bow is emotional-manipulation under any pretence. They induce the hysteria in order to exploit it by posing as the saviours of the world, all they want is their votes. There are children in tears, having it drummed into their innocent minds that we have 12 years to save the planet. Watermelons, green on the outside but not inside.
Who are these people voting no?!
No I don't, what is the point of worrying about it, climate change is a natural thing to happen and has happened throughout the history of the planet. There is nothing that we can about it only that we can adapt to live with it. Humans have accelerated the climate change process with what we have done but it was always going to happen. We will be long gone before anything really bad happens and it is future generations to deal with. I try to do my bit by recycling and stuff but to make any kind of impact everyone and everything needs to change in a very short time a handful of years
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Kinyonga
Who are these idiots voting no?!

People who realise there's no point in worrying about something you can't do anything about and that you're an idiot if you do so. Have some control over your own brain, man...
Original post by Kinyonga
Who are these idiots voting no?!

Sensible people who know not to worry about things you can’t control
In the same sense I'm worried about the Earth eventually running out of hydrogen.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
People who realise there's no point in worrying about something you can't do anything about and that you're an idiot if you do so. Have some control over your own brain, man...

I don't know which part of your comment is the most ridiculous.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending