The Student Room Group

why is it so hard to revise

i keep on thinking about revising and preparing all this stuff but when i actually get down to it in i get really bored of it and it gives me a headache so i go and do something else then the days gone. i find it so hard to focus on revision no matter how hard i try. wondering if u have any advice for this lost soul

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Same it’s literally like 6pm and I’ve done nothing 😭
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Original post by Mina11
Same it’s literally like 6pm and I’ve done nothing 😭
honestly I just imagine how proud I would be and my family would be if I do really well and to do that you need to revise. Or you could you know.... do the opposite and imagine the disappointment when you get bad grades
Reply 4
Original post by Serbian_2000
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

😭😭😭
Reply 5
I thinkkkkkkkkkkk we should just cry 😭😭😭
Reply 6
Original post by Mina11
I thinkkkkkkkkkkk we should just cry 😭😭😭

lets save that for august when we open our results 😭
Just cry 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
Saaame 😭😭😭😭
Original post by lilTrain
i keep on thinking about revising and preparing all this stuff but when i actually get down to it in i get really bored of it and it gives me a headache so i go and do something else then the days gone. i find it so hard to focus on revision no matter how hard i try. wondering if u have any advice for this lost soul

I think everyone loses focus in revision since it's just so BORING so maybe you can make it more fun for yourself you can listen to music while you're revising or make posters or flashcards or if your trying to memorise something you can try making a song out of it to help you remember.
Make sure you take 5-10 minute breaks and to maybe keep your mind into it you can reward yourself for revising every 15-20 minutes perhaps? Also, if you're finding it too boring on your own you can revise with friends and test each other then you can go on revision breaks together a way to maybe help is to switch off your phone or any other devices until you're done revising i know this may be hard to resist your temptations but just hang in there you've got the willpower!
Hope this helped x
(edited 5 years ago)
I dont know why i think its because its the easter holidays i just cant seem to want to revise alot but i need to tho lol.Btw are any of you guys doing aqa gcse english
What ever you do don't listen to music while revising just listen to me don't there's loads of videos that will advice you against listening to music while revising.also revison is not fun but you just have to do it.imagine yourself on results day and opening your envelope and seeing bad grades and knowing you could hvae worked harder

Original post by superstudent-not
i think everyone loses focus in revision since it's just so boring so maybe you can make it more fun for yourself you can listen to music while you're revising or make posters or flashcards or if your trying to memorise something you can try making a song out of it to help you remember.
Make sure you take 5-10 minute breaks and to maybe keep your mind into it you can reward yourself for revising every 15-20 minutes perhaps?
maybe you should try watching a study with me??? i watch unjaded jades study with me's and they are SO so helpful!!! it sounds stupid but having someone "revise" with you is really motivating.. everytime i think about going downstairs i look up at the laptop screen and see her working away so i feel like i have to as well! they're about 1-2 hours long so you can get a lot of work done :smile: what i also find helpful is cleaning my desk as i find having a clearer work space makes me feel motivated, i only out the resources for the tasks I'm doing on my desk, e.g if I'm doing maths revision i will only have my pencil and maths book out so that way i can focus on the task completely
Original post by Krishchelsea
What ever you do don't listen to music while revising just listen to me don't there's loads of videos that will advice you against listening to music while revising.also revison is not fun but you just have to do it.imagine yourself on results day and opening your envelope and seeing bad grades and knowing you could hvae worked harder

Yeah that can be true but what i mean is don't listen to pop songs just music you can find loads of "revision music" on youtube it can be quite soothing and help you focus or maybe not listen to anything if you get distracted
Reply 14
Original post by angrybear247
maybe you should try watching a study with me??? i watch unjaded jades study with me's and they are SO so helpful!!! it sounds stupid but having someone "revise" with you is really motivating.. everytime i think about going downstairs i look up at the laptop screen and see her working away so i feel like i have to as well! they're about 1-2 hours long so you can get a lot of work done :smile: what i also find helpful is cleaning my desk as i find having a clearer work space makes me feel motivated, i only out the resources for the tasks I'm doing on my desk, e.g if I'm doing maths revision i will only have my pencil and maths book out so that way i can focus on the task completely

seems like a really cool idea. im gonna put up her video while i revise today, thanks :biggrin:
ok
Follow studygrams on Instagram!!!! They're neat handwriting gets me motivated (sometimes lol). I know how hard it is.....I find it hard to motivate myself toooo
Original post by tugceerten
Follow studygrams on Instagram!!!! They're neat handwriting gets me motivated (sometimes lol). I know how hard it is.....I find it hard to motivate myself toooo

ok cool,will do :borat:
I feel like this depends on the person. For me, music helps me to be so much more productive when working, as long as it doesn't have lyrics so I can't sing along. I've found so many good "chill mixes" on YouTube that are usually around an hour long, and I use these as a revision timer as well as a 'productivity booster'.
Original post by Krishchelsea
you welcome!! lmk if it helps or if I'm the only one :colondollar:
Original post by lilTrain
seems like a really cool idea. im gonna put up her video while i revise today, thanks :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest