The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Lit Poetry

Hi guys
Which poem would you compare London to if it came up and what line of argument would you give?
For most people it would depend what theme came up with it, I would presume. If it was power of people then a common choice I'd imagine would be Ozymandias, but if it was identity a more popular choice would be Checkin Out Me History :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
For most people it would depend what theme came up with it, I would presume. If it was power of people then a common choice I'd imagine would be Ozymandias, but if it was identity a more popular choice would be Checkin Out Me History :smile:

Ah, thank you, that's really helpful! :h:
Do you have any tips for English Lit revision? (I am aiming for Grade 9) I'm just so stressed because I know that I can achieve it, I'm just so scared I won't be able to learn everything in time and do exam questions! I do Romeo and Juliet, Jane Eyre and Lord of the Flies :redface:
Reply 3
Original post by studyingpeach
Ah, thank you, that's really helpful! :h:
Do you have any tips for English Lit revision? (I am aiming for Grade 9) I'm just so stressed because I know that I can achieve it, I'm just so scared I won't be able to learn everything in time and do exam questions! I do Romeo and Juliet, Jane Eyre and Lord of the Flies :redface:

Just remember to be different, think of alternative views and don’t forget STRUCTURE AND FORM!!
I ended up writing about the wrong extract in Romeo and Juliet(15 marker), but I think my 25 marker saved me, I rambled on about language structure and form and I managed to get an 8. Good luck for your exams!
(I did WJEC)
Original post by Jjhll
Just remember to be different, think of alternative views and don’t forget STRUCTURE AND FORM!!
I ended up writing about the wrong extract in Romeo and Juliet(15 marker), but I think my 25 marker saved me, I rambled on about language structure and form and I managed to get an 8. Good luck for your exams!
(I did WJEC)

Thank you so much - that's really helpful! For Romeo and Juliet what type of points would you recommend making for structure and form? I ask too many questions sorry :colondollar:
Reply 5
Original post by studyingpeach
Thank you so much - that's really helpful! For Romeo and Juliet what type of points would you recommend making for structure and form? I ask too many questions sorry :colondollar:

It was quite a while back but you could talk about the cyclical format that in the prologue they are star crossed’ and so we know that they are going to die. Throughout the play their love for each other is showcased but ultimately at the end we learn how they die and they cannot be together. Hope it helps!
Original post by Jjhll
It was quite a while back but you could talk about the cyclical format that in the prologue they are star crossed’ and so we know that they are going to die. Throughout the play their love for each other is showcased but ultimately at the end we learn how they die and they cannot be together. Hope it helps!

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending