The Student Room Group

Help!!!! Still have not passed GCSE Maths

i've failed gcse maths twice now and im not hopeful i'll pass this summer either in which case i will only have 2 more attempts after this summer. i really want to be a teacher when i leave school in which i need at least a 4. Does anybody have any advice??

Scroll to see replies

Moved to maths study help :smile:
What exam board?
Original post by Squirrelcomposer
i've failed gcse maths twice now and im not hopeful i'll pass this summer either in which case i will only have 2 more attempts after this summer. i really want to be a teacher when i leave school in which i need at least a 4. Does anybody have any advice??
Reply 3
Hi I unerstand u I have resat maths GCSE 3 for 3 years and now I have passed.

Do past papers and focus on what u find hard.

Also u can do IGCSE which is equivalent to GCSE

IGCSE is easier and less worded - got a high 4 and was 4 marks of a 5
Thanks for your help in just praying I pass this summer and I've never heard of an igcse so I might ask about it. Thanks!!
Original post by Bane01
Hi I unerstand u I have resat maths GCSE 3 for 3 years and now I have passed.

Do past papers and focus on what u find hard.

Also u can do IGCSE which is equivalent to GCSE

IGCSE is easier and less worded - got a high 4 and was 4 marks of a 5
Ocr
Original post by Will_B123
What exam board?
I have a 1 on 1 once a week and go to extra intervention with yr 11 at the minute
Original post by barror1
Moved to maths study help :smile:
Cool, I was just saying that the thread has been moved though :laugh:
Have you tried past papers?
I have a 1 on 1 once a week and go to extra intervention with yr 11 at the minute
Ahhh appologies😂 yeah that's basically all I do
Original post by barror1
Cool, I was just saying that the thread has been moved though :laugh:
Have you tried past papers?
i want to do my gcses Math and English too as i have very bad grade in them , atm i am working for business admin apprenticeship and want to improve in my english and math could anyone guide me where to do online for free or apps please it will help me alot.
There’s questions per topic on maths genie ☺️
Essential Skills Level 2 in Communication ( English) and Mathematics (and ICT) are all equivalent to GCSE Grade C and are free for everyone. Your local college should provide classes. They last about 6 months, as opposed to the actual GCSEs which last for 2 years.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by markova21
Essential Skills Level 2 in Communication ( English) and Mathematics (and ICT) are all equivalent to GCSE Grade C and are free for everyone. Your local college should provide classes. They last about 6 months, as opposed to the actual GCSEs which last for 2 years.

Thankyou for your msg
I cant attend college as I am working as business admin full time that's why I want to do after work.
You could try iGCSE Maths as it’s easier? Or try past papers for GCSE?

Would teaching courses allow functional skills level 2 maths if you went for functional skills? Just a thought if you have no other option..

Good luck :smile:
iGCSE Edexcel is easier than regular GCSE.
If your gonna stick to regular GCSE, watch vids on all the topics, then do some topic questions and then do past papers, you WILL do well.
Thanks! Im going to ask about igcse because I've never heard about it but people are saying it easier.. Thanks for your help!
Original post by ohhello92x
You could try iGCSE Maths as it’s easier? Or try past papers for GCSE?

Would teaching courses allow functional skills level 2 maths if you went for functional skills? Just a thought if you have no other option..

Good luck :smile:
Thease are the things I've been trying im put down for ocr gcse for summer so I've got to stick with it till then but if I doknt pass again them I might ask about this igcse thing people keep talking about... Thanks for you help!!
Original post by Switch01
iGCSE Edexcel is easier than regular GCSE.
If your gonna stick to regular GCSE, watch vids on all the topics, then do some topic questions and then do past papers, you WILL do well.
Thanks! Im going to ask about igcse because I've never heard about it but people are saying it easier.. Thanks for your help!

You’re welcome :smile: I did iGCSE English language as a self study course..exams aren’t my strongest point so was annoyed when I failed the GCSE version (my coursework was at a C grade). The iGCSE course was 100% exam, managed to obtain a B :smile:.

Try the maths passport here: https://www.missbsresources.com/teaching-and-learning/mathspassports
Youtube videos were really helpful when I was revising. Try channels like hegarty maths where their videos can be used for any exam board :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest