The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Plymouth Uni and surrounds

Hi Guys

Am looking to start my BSC (Hons) Psychology and am looking at Plymouth Uni amongst others. I have never been there and currently live in London so travel is expensive. Any feedback on PU and living in Plymouth would be great. I love the sea, animals and outdoors, I am not a city person hence the potential move...Tx! Julz

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jhenry24
Hi Guys

Am looking to start my BSC (Hons) Psychology and am looking at Plymouth Uni amongst others. I have never been there and currently live in London so travel is expensive. Any feedback on PU and living in Plymouth would be great. I love the sea, animals and outdoors, I am not a city person hence the potential move...Tx! Julz

Hi @jhenry24,

I'm so sorry for the slow response - this didn't pop up for some reason!

If you love the sea, animals, and the outdoors - you're coming to the right place! We are called 'Britain's Ocean City' and have a wealth of beautiful outdoor locations. My favourites: Plymouth Hoe, The Barbican, Dartmoor, and local beaches such as Wembury and Bovisand. Honestly, your opportunities for outdoor adventures are limitless here - you can swim in the Art Deco Tinside Lido on Plymouth Hoe, go hiking on Dartmoor, stand-up paddleboard in the sea - anything you want. We also have the National Marine Aquarium (which is the UK's largest aquarium!), Dartmoor Zoo, Pennywell Farm (which allows you to pet and have cuddles with the animals!), and the Otter and Butterfly Sanctuary, amongst many other animal-related places.

We do have a city here, but not as large as London of course! You can easily get around by foot - the University is right in the middle of town, and around 5-10 minutes from the seafront. Plus, there's tons of easily accessible student accommodation nearby.

If you're looking for a change of scene (and a beautiful one at that), Plymouth really is the place for you. Especially considering your interests :smile:

Let me know if I can help you with any further questions! :smile:

- Seren, University of Plymouth Student Rep
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Love love love living in Plymouth, I myself come from Hampshire so its quite a change! Much smaller than London that's for sure, doesn't feel busy either, with lots to do! If you have any questions, ask away :biggrin:
Reply 3
Thank you! Sounds perfect for me! Cuddling fur babies - I'm sold lol
Reply 4
Thanks Vik! Not busy and lots to do sounds great...on go the pink sunnies lol
Honestly you’ll love it!
Thanks Vik! Not busy and lots to do sounds great...on go the pink sunnies lol
Reply 6
Holding thumbs I get in! Failing that, I will have to visit in the summer
Crossing all fingers for you that you do!
Original post by Vikt0rija
Crossing all fingers for you that you do!

Good luck @jhenry24 - we are rooting for you! :smile:

Reply 9
Thank you! xx
Reply 10
Thank you!! xx
Reply 11
I got in yay! Thanks Victorija and Seren!! :smile: - be seeing ya soon! xx

Congrats!!!!
Reply 13
Thanks!! You have been a great source of help and encouragement - much appreciated xx
Original post by Vikt0rija
Congrats!!!!
Thanks!! You have been a great source of help and encouragement - much appreciated xx

Don’t thank me, super excited for you! You’ll genuinely love it, and if you ever need any help I’m a message away!
Reply 15
Thank you!

Yaaaaaay!! Huge congratulations @jhenry24 - I'm really happy for you! :smile:

Reply 17
Thank you Seren! I'm looking forward to this new adventure; thank you for your support xx
Original post by University of Plymouth
Yaaaaaay!! Huge congratulations @jhenry24 - I'm really happy for you! :smile:

Thank you Seren! I'm looking forward to this new adventure; thank you for your support xx

You are really welcome @jhenry24 , I'm so happy I could help! :smile:

Congratulations, you will love Plymouth. Im a Plymouth Person (Janner) and we live in Newton Abbot 30 mins drive away. It does rain a lot but its always really warm. Ive got in for this Sept to do Occupational Therapy so not on main campus. I bet you are buzzing. xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending