The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Economics 7136 - P3 (Economic principles and issues) - 04th June 2019

AQA A-level Economics 7136 - Paper 3 (Economic principles and issues) - 04th June

Exam technique, night before breakdowns and discussion regarding this exam... It's all here :gthumb: Feel free to add resources to the thread as well as anything that may be helpful to others :smartass:

This thread covers the following papers:

7136 Paper 3 Economic principles and issuesy 2h 04 June 2019 am

:rave:

The official specification: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/economics/specifications/AQA-7135-7136-SP-2015.PDF

Spoiler

Specimen and past papers:
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/economics/as-and-a-level/economics-7135-7136/assessment-resources

:goodluck:

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

China in Africa seems pretty relevant right now, so that might come up.
The 10 marker in paper 3 is a data response question. How do you get around 7-8 marks, how would you answer this type of question when using data? Who else is finding this one kinda hard
Original post by Serbian_2000
The 10 marker in paper 3 is a data response question. How do you get around 7-8 marks, how would you answer this type of question when using data? Who else is finding this one kinda hard

Same, our class did paper 3 for the first time last week. Still waiting for my marks but the teacher said it’s a area our whole class needs to focus on.

If anyone is good at using the data, how would you use the data in answering the bigger questions aswell (25marker)
What grade are you expecting? 😭😭😭 omg exams in 2 weeks 😂😂😂
Original post by User372828
Same, our class did paper 3 for the first time last week. Still waiting for my marks but the teacher said it’s a area our whole class needs to focus on.

If anyone is good at using the data, how would you use the data in answering the bigger questions aswell (25marker)
What grade are you expecting? 😭😭😭 omg exams in 2 weeks 😂😂😂

I want at-least a B. Was going for an A but doesn’t look realistic. What’s your target
I’m wishing to get a B, but I would be more than happy to get a C lol 😂😂😂😂 a B grade would be amazing. The content is slowing leaving my head, i’m starting to forget some things 😂😂😂 I started on past papers and now my content has gotten weaker 😭😭😭

Are you doing past papers?
Original post by User372828
I want at-least a B. Was going for an A but doesn’t look realistic. What’s your target
I’m wishing to get a B, but I would be more than happy to get a C lol 😂😂😂😂 a B grade would be amazing. The content is slowing leaving my head, i’m starting to forget some things 😂😂😂 I started on past papers and now my content has gotten weaker 😭😭😭

Are you doing past papers?

I haven’t really started past papers, but I am practicing 15 markers and getting teacher it make them and planning 25 Markers. Same I feel my knowledge is quite week but hopefully will be alright within next week. I think I’m just gonna revise form the cpg book for macro
Reply 8
Our class has literally done nothing for paper 3. No practice or anything. I hope EconPlusDal can teach me enough for this paper
I don't actually think there is much to learn. It's just a combination of 1 and 2
Could be wrong
Original post by trishka
Our class has literally done nothing for paper 3. No practice or anything. I hope EconPlusDal can teach me enough for this paper
Reply 10
Original post by CALLUM2412
I don't actually think there is much to learn. It's just a combination of 1 and 2
Could be wrong

Original post by trishka

yea its just a combo paper effectively all your revision for paper 1 and 2 is technically also revision for paper 3
How does this Paper work?
Wheres paper 2 ink?
How do you even revise for this paper
30 multiple choice
10 marker for analysing data
15 marker for a furthet analysis question
25 marker for extended essay
Original post by Drakonson
How does this Paper work?
Past paper questions. I think the lowest average is for Q31.
Original post by anonymousamk
How do you even revise for this paper
What does everyone think might come up? I'm thinking SSP
i think if the section B is a micro. it might be on income inequality/poverty. dont think that came up before. but most likely it will be a macro topic
Original post by euphoricat
What does everyone think might come up? I'm thinking SSP
Original post by DOGGYKUTHA
i think if the section B is a micro. it might be on income inequality/poverty. dont think that came up before. but most likely it will be a macro topic

It'll be a topic where you can discuss both micro and macro, not just one of them
I don’t think you need to think of the topic but the question. 2018 question 32 was on development (macro) and q33 could be answered solely on macro issues as it was indicating the impact on OPEC countries. The wording of the question will give away whether or not macro and micro issues are relevant. I don’t think you can guess on the case study as it could be anything. Doesn’t really matter anyway as there is plenty of data and information provided. Just need to make sure your analysis is consistent with the information provided.
Original post by euphoricat
It'll be a topic where you can discuss both micro and macro, not just one of them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending