The Student Room Group

GCSE revision

My GCSE's are in a week and half and I haven't started revising AT ALL. I'm in 1st/2nd f everything and usually do pretty well but I NEED HELP. What are some last minute revision tips and tips to stop procrastinating.
I'm in the same boat. and would like help as well :frown:
Reply 2
same boat need help too
Original post by LuxuriousAngel
Reply 3
Have you been doing 7-8 hours revision a day for the past 4 days like you said you would in your one of your threads?
yes i was about to but due to family commitements, i was unable to do so. but i'm going tution every week.
Original post by Rizen
Have you been doing 7-8 hours revision a day for the past 4 days like you said you would in your one of your threads?
Reply 5
That's unfortunate, have you been able to do any revision? Im sure you have atleast 2-3 hours a day spare
yes i was about to but due to family commitements, i was unable to do so. but i'm going tution every week.
I'd recommend using GCSEpod; it has helped me massively and it helps to pick out key info for all exams and different exam boards. I hope this has been helpful x
GANG Gang
Original post by procrastinating6
My GCSE's are in a week and half and I haven't started revising AT ALL. I'm in 1st/2nd f everything and usually do pretty well but I NEED HELP. What are some last minute revision tips and tips to stop procrastinating.

Every subject?
Original post by Georgia Brown
I'd recommend using GCSEpod; it has helped me massively and it helps to pick out key info for all exams and different exam boards. I hope this has been helpful x
You guys are so p!ssed. You better get cracking you need to do 10 hours daily to cover everything no even joking good luck tho. Should've started in Easter :O
Original post by SchmuckOff
GANG Gang

Every subject?
Yeah, I have my GCSE's next week too and I've been using GCSEpod for months and my grades have really improved because of it. It's basically revision videos and it covers key topics for the subject and it allows you to revise even if you're out and about because you just have to listen to them. (however, I do sometimes take notes for things like French and key quotes fro English lit) x
yes some
Original post by Rizen
That's unfortunate, have you been able to do any revision? Im sure you have atleast 2-3 hours a day spare
I'm on the same boat and haven't revised for a single exam. I started yesterday.
I'm revising all the specification points. I do like 15 minutes on each specification point and also doing past exam papers.
WHEN YOU WRITE STUFF DOWN SAY IT LOUDLY IT HELPS YOU TO MEMORISE IT. Don't stress, I haven't done no revision but i'm never stressed hence why I got average grades on my mocks like 5s and 6s (WITH NO REVISION).

I just went on StudentRoom to take a break from revising done a hour or so and I ran into this post.
After you look at this comment, get off StudentRoom now. Follow this advice and stop asking for advice instead consume the advice. This is not directed at you, but most people doing GSCES usually ask for revision help and they don't really adapt. So, my tip would be get off StudentRoom and start revising THIS INSTANCE. I'm taking a break for another 10 minutes and i'm going to revise for a few hours.

Goodluck to you and everyone who sees this comment. I don't like competing with other students and I want everyone to get the best possible grades.
Reply 12
I do around 8 hours a day. What you should do is 25 mins revision then 5 mins break and keep on going like that until you get too tired to carry on. You will see your grades improve, before I started revising I was getting 5s in maths now i'm getting 8s. (Past papers and practice papers). This is with only 2 weeks revision

Quick Reply

Latest