The Student Room Group

Edexcel iGCSE French 9-1 4FR1

Did anyone just do the listening, reading and writing? How did you find it?

I found the listening to be... eh, but the topics in the writing were a GIFT FROM GOD.

Scroll to see replies

I found reading and writing good but that listening was awful....
Reply 2
Original post by D_1432

Pretty much.
Which topic did you choose for the last question? I did holidays
i chose environment which was amazing because i just wrote down what o had written for my photo question for the oral :smile:

Original post by D_1432
Which topic did you choose for the last question? I did holidays
Reply 5
I spent literally 10 minutes deciding which one to do, because all the choices were amazing! I ended up doing holidays, but I snuck some environment stuff in there. :biggrin:
that's good!
Original post by elize1612
i chose environment which was amazing because i just wrote down what o had written for my photo question for the oral :smile:
Yh - I was happy with the shorter writing too :smile:
Original post by tigerdingo
I spent literally 10 minutes deciding which one to do, because all the choices were amazing! I ended up doing holidays, but I snuck some environment stuff in there. :biggrin:
what we're the questions for higher writing paper? totally forgot what I wrote for 150 words and translation and trying to remember
Reply 9
Original post by D_1432

that listening was the worst thing in the world. surely the grade boundaries have to be low. the reading and writing was a GODSENDD!! i chose the one about exercise
Original post by Alicxcowell
what we're the questions for higher writing paper? totally forgot what I wrote for 150 words and translation and trying to remember

I think you're talking about Edexcel GCSE; IGCSE doesn't have a translation.
Original post by tigerdingo
I think you're talking about Edexcel GCSE; IGCSE doesn't have a translation.

Okay thanks I'm on the wrong chat sorry
Original post by Alicxcowell
Okay thanks I'm on the wrong chat sorry

:smile:
Can we talk about listening? It was an absolute nightmare. If anyone says it was even remotely ok, youre lying. They say we need to know limited vocabulary, but then when these people speak, its like theyre regurgitating the entire french dictionary. Even the simple miltiple choice question (about work and studies or somethinf) was a nightmare. And this is coming from someone who gets a stars in their school exams. Im gonna be so disappointed if the grade boundaries arent lowered. The writing was pretty good. The grammar section was pretty easy and i breezed through reading.
I completely agree - I'm predicted a 9 but it seems unlikely now because listening was a catastrophe.
Original post by PoppyGloria
Can we talk about listening? It was an absolute nightmare. If anyone says it was even remotely ok, youre lying. They say we need to know limited vocabulary, but then when these people speak, its like theyre regurgitating the entire french dictionary. Even the simple miltiple choice question (about work and studies or somethinf) was a nightmare. And this is coming from someone who gets a stars in their school exams. Im gonna be so disappointed if the grade boundaries arent lowered. The writing was pretty good. The grammar section was pretty easy and i breezed through reading.
Reply 15
SAMMMEEE Loool but still im hoping my orals and reading and writing brought the 9 homeee!
Original post by D_1432
I completely agree - I'm predicted a 9 but it seems unlikely now because listening was a catastrophe.
the french listening wasn't that bad, everything was easy except for the second last question
Reply 17
wth .. that was not easy wth????? are u sure u did the french edexcel igcse?? dont think u did mate😂😂
Original post by Lrl456
wth .. that was not easy wth????? are u sure u did the french edexcel igcse?? dont think u did mate😂😂

yep 100 sure i did mate, might be because i studied french for 8 years?
Reply 19
then obviously w😂😂 im aimihn for a 9 and im taking it for a level and even i still found it hard omd😂😂😂 PRAY FOR LOW GRADE BPUNDARIES
Original post by LukaTipsy
yep 100 sure i did mate, might be because i studied french for 8 years?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending