The Student Room Group

I got all 9s and A*s in my GCSEs, ask me anything!

I feel like procrastinating... ask me anything about GCSEs, revision, how A-levels are going and anything else you can think of!

My subjects were:
English lit AQA - https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/gcse-aqa-english-lit-power-and-conflict-notes-12122755#
English lang CIE
Maths Edexcel
Double Science Edexcel
French CIE
RS AQA
Fine Art Edexcel
History Edexcel
Drama AQA
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

did u think u failed any exams?
btw im talking about GCSES
Reply 2
How did you revise for maths?
yehhhh how dyou revise for maths im doing edexcel igcse a
Original post by yungk1m
I feel like procrastinating... ask me anything about GCSEs, revision, how A-levels are going and anything else you can think of!

My subjects were:
English lit AQA
English lang CIE
Maths Edexcel
Double Science Edexcel
French CIE
RS AQA
Fine Art Edexcel
History Edexcel
Drama AQA

u must hav some good life now... were u a nerd back then? or are u just pro at all subjects or pro at life?
Reply 5
Original post by SkaterMater
did u think u failed any exams?
btw im talking about GCSES

nah I don't think I failed any...
Reply 6
Original post by Rizen
How did you revise for maths?

I scraaaaaped the 9. My school gave me a pack with everything we need to know for the exam, every equation to learn etc and I went through it the night before, until like 4am loool

My advice is to do as many past papers as possible. The hardest past papers you can find, and note down the areas you find hardest. Then just focus on those areas.
Why do you only feel like procrastinating now??
Was this your peak, or are you still "on top of your game" come Year 12?
Reply 9
Original post by meemy123
yehhhh how dyou revise for maths im doing edexcel igcse a

i did igcse as well, see above :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Underdog...
u must hav some good life now... were u a nerd back then? or are u just pro at all subjects or pro at life?

Nah fam, GCSEs were my peak LOOOL

I was such a nerd but only for 2 months, I pretty much made revision my life from mid-April to mid-June, apart from the fact I seshed in my half term. You just gotta grind for 8 weeks and then you get a penggg 13 week holiday to chill
Reply 11
if you revise the day before do you think getting the highest grades are still possible??

Original post by yungk1m
Nah fam, GCSEs were my peak LOOOL

I was such a nerd but only for 2 months, I pretty much made revision my life from mid-April to mid-June, apart from the fact I seshed in my half term. You just gotta grind for 8 weeks and then you get a penggg 13 week holiday to chill
Lol why do you want ur ego rubbed
No one cares tht u got all grade 9s 😂🤷*♂️
Reply 13
Original post by Dinu1004
Lol why do you want ur ego rubbed
No one cares tht u got all grade 9s 😂🤷*♂️

Alie no one cares but ppl are still asking questions
A year ago I would've wanted a similar thread :smile: xxxx
Reply 14
Original post by centraltrains
Why do you only feel like procrastinating now??

I ALWAYS feel like procrastinating, I'm so bad at staying on top of things nowadays
Reply 15
Original post by Carbon Dioxide
Was this your peak, or are you still "on top of your game" come Year 12?

This was most definitely my peak.
Thing is, I worked ridiculously hard for my GCSEs that it scarred me bro, I even had to rearrange my room so that it doesn't feel like I'm sitting on that same GCSE desk.
Year 12 has been awful, I miss the structure, the easiness of the GCSEs, there's no spec to revise off of (I'm doing English, French and Art) and everything feels subjective. But I'm putting less pressure on myself now so that come Year 13 I won't be burned out. My UCAS grade exams are around the corner and I've only just started revising, which is a bit silly but I'm not alone - most of the people at my school feel the same way.
If you're in Year 11, know that Year 12 isn't just Year 11 plus or Year 11 without uniform. It's completely different, it's impossible to get spoonfed by quizlets :smile:
I don’t do Aqa English I do edexel, but how did you revise?
Original post by yungk1m

My subjects were:
English lit AQA
English lang CIE
Maths Edexcel
Double Science Edexcel
French CIE
RS AQA
Fine Art Edexcel
History Edexcel
Drama AQA
Reply 17
Original post by JJack14
if you revise the day before do you think getting the highest grades are still possible??

It depends on the subject!
You can defo revise science the day before and still do well, granted you revise everything and do past papers too. A lot of my science revision was just me flipping through flashcards the day before, doing past papers, learning what I got wrong, then going through the flashcards again the morning of my exam.
I also revised French the day before, which honestly was barely any revision, it was just going through grammar.
For subjects like History, RS, Geo and English, i.e. essay subjects, I would try to revise a few days before if you haven't done so already. You can't learn that much content in one night.
Reply 18
Original post by Amiraegann
I don’t do Aqa English I do edexel, but how did you revise?

I did all my revision in tables.
Each table was a theme, and my columns from left to right were:
Point (a short statement deriving from the theme), Evidence (a quote), Technique (literary device), Analysis (what the quote means), and Link (linking back to the theme/potential question)
This is called PETAL, it's how I structure my paragraphs and how I therefore structured my revision.
Learn quotes on quizlet. I would put a quote, for example, "Reader, I married him" on the back side and then a key word on the front, such as "married". I'd be prompted by the key word and then I'd type in the rest of the quote :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by yungk1m

My subjects were:
English lit AQA
English lang CIE
Maths Edexcel
Double Science Edexcel
French CIE
RS AQA
Fine Art Edexcel
History Edexcel
Drama AQA

how did u get all 9s and then get all A* in A-Level, only current year 12s did 9-1 meaning u either got all A*, or ur BSing about even having A-Levels completed

Quick Reply

Latest