The Student Room Group

ramadan and revision - a levels

I sleep at 2 am. i wake up at 12 pm. And then i do absolutely nothing. Whats peoples schedules/routines because currently, i need a lot, a lot of help.

I do chemistry biology and maths if that helps.
JazakAllah

Scroll to see replies

Pray Fajer, sleep till 8 am, go to school, sleep at 5 pm, wake up for iftar, repeat
Reply 2
Original post by mani93786
Pray Fajer, sleep till 8 am, go to school, sleep at 5 pm, wake up for iftar, repeat

The whole point is to do revision
Reply 3
trust. Before ramadan started i was like, im gonna be on this. But its soo hard idk why
Reply 4
thats a good cycle, but im currently on study leave so i dont have to go to school. Waking up at 8 am would be like seeing a ghost...
Original post by mani93786
Hey ! I am doing chemistry , maths and biology as well. My advise is memory based stuff eg biology do when your hungry or fasting -it’s memory sonit doesn’t require a huge amount of concentration . WhereAs maths do when you’re eating because it’s so hard to do when on an empty stomache. As for chemistry , do half half , some during the day and some during the night .
Sleeping pattern :
9pm-fajr revise the hard content and stay up
Fajr -8 sleep
8am-3pm(school) - stay up and revise at school
3pm-maghreb- sleep

I did this for my GCSEs and it worked , hope you’re doing okay and Ramadan mubarek
Original post by AlevelMBC
I sleep at 2 am. i wake up at 12 pm. And then i do absolutely nothing. Whats peoples schedules/routines because currently, i need a lot, a lot of help.

JazakAllah
thats a good cycle, but im currently on study leave so i dont have to go to school. Waking up at 8 am would be like seeing a ghost...

That great! But I do AS levels currently and most of my exams are in the morning.
Reply 7
Its a lot easier if your exams are in the morning tbh
Reply 8
thanks.
what did u get in your gcses
Original post by Yasmeen_xx
Hey ! I am doing chemistry , maths and biology as well. My advise is memory based stuff eg biology do when your hungry or fasting -it’s memory sonit doesn’t require a huge amount of concentration . WhereAs maths do when you’re eating because it’s so hard to do when on an empty stomache. As for chemistry , do half half , some during the day and some during the night .
Sleeping pattern :
9pm-fajr revise the hard content and stay up
Fajr -8 sleep
8am-3pm(school) - stay up and revise at school
3pm-maghreb- sleep

I did this for my GCSEs and it worked , hope you’re doing okay and Ramadan mubarek
I'd be lying if I said it isn't a struggle but we need to work around Iftar/Taraweeh and put in the effort for hardcore revision. There aren't many days left.

This what I try to follow -

Iftar to Taraweeh I don't bother revising, It's too short of a time period to put your brain through intense revision.

After Taraweeh, say around 11 begin your revision and stop before Sehri, eat and then go to sleep after Fajr.

Wake up for school or aim to be awake by 9 if you're on study leave. During school hours, whether you have a lesson or not revise what you can. After school either stay at school until it closes or head to the library if you can. Be home by 6 and then sleep once you've prayed Asr.

Wake up for Iftar and repeat.

That's around 9 hours of revision excluding lesson time. 3 hours per subject, you can do it :biggrin:
Reply 10
thanks!
ill try to follow this iA
Original post by Dunya
I'd be lying if I said it isn't a struggle but we need to work around Iftar/Taraweeh and put in the effort for hardcore revision. There aren't many days left.

This what I try to follow -

Iftar to Taraweeh I don't bother revising, It's too short of a time period to put your brain through intense revision.

After Taraweeh, say around 11 begin your revision and stop before Sehri, eat and then go to sleep after Fajr.

Wake up for school or aim to be awake by 9 if you're on study leave. During school hours, whether you have a lesson or not revise what you can. After school either stay at school until it closes or head to the library if you can. Be home by 6 and then sleep once you've prayed Asr.

Wake up for Iftar and repeat.

That's around 9 hours of revision excluding lesson time. 3 hours per subject, you can do it :biggrin:
Reply 11
Wake up at 7
Go to the bus stop at 7.30
Come back from school at 3.45
Revise for an hour then relax
Go to pray at 5.30
Finish at 7pm
Revise another hour
Dream about food until Iftari
Finish eating at like 10pm
Revise for another 45 mins
Go to sleep

REPEAT
Reply 12
i think i'm going to attempt:

Iftar at 9.
Taraweeh
COme back at 12:10 - revise to sehri.
Fajr. Sleep at 3:30/4.
Wake up at 9.
Revise through to 4, with breaks.
Sleep till 7.
Pray Asr.
Revise through to Iftar.
Repeat
Totals at 8 hours sleep with 10 - 11 hours revision. Looks peng on paper but who knows xD... Thoughts?
Sleep early like at 9 or 10 pm, wake up before fajr for sehri, start your revision after fajr, sleep for like an hour in noon if u getting reallty tired or want a break.

JazakAllah
thanks.
what did u get in your gcses

I got 9,9,8,A* and x7 A’s x2 B’s . So I did pretty good
I've only fasted once so far during Ramadan and that's because my parents don't let me fast as it will disrupt my work schedule, on the first day it was okay but like I was so hungry I couldn't even focus aha so i guess its just making up for the fasts i miss after exams ;/
yo i do chem and bio what grades r u gettin

JazakAllah
yeah..but thats gonna be a pain in the a**.
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
I've only fasted once so far during Ramadan and that's because my parents don't let me fast as it will disrupt my work schedule, on the first day it was okay but like I was so hungry I couldn't even focus aha so i guess its just making up for the fasts i miss after exams ;/
4 or5
Original post by ctchannah
yo i do chem and bio what grades r u gettin
Original post by Rocky Handsome
yeah..but thats gonna be a pain in the a**.

I knowwww i think i might do it or not idk

Imma go to hell anyway so i guess won't make much of a difference

Quick Reply

Latest