The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

1st question which was multiple choice was the last one: calcium,magnesium,zinc,copper
Original post by joongrg
Any answers u know comment down
Also the last question 6 marker:
Sodium chloride is a ionic structure. Giant ionic lattice. Involving the transferring of electrons. Sodium loses an electron to become positively charged. Chlorine gains one electron to become negatively charged. Na+ and Cl2-. Whereas hydrogen chloride is a covalent structure. Involving the sharing of electrons. It is a simple covalent structure. Hydrogen shares electrons to complete outer shell with chlorine. They both remain negatively charged. Sodium chloride as strong forces of attraction whereas hydrogen chloride was weak forces of attraction.

If there are any errors in my answer please reply:smile:
Original post by joongrg
Yep I got that least I got 1 mark😂
Original post by james_cartwright
1st question which was multiple choice was the last one: calcium,magnesium,zinc,copper
Also the 6 marker on the required practical was kind of piss easy as you use a beaker and add different masses each time to a new beaker and control the water temperature at 25 degrees. Using a thermometer to calculate the change in temperature this shows how the effect of different masses changes temperature :smile:
Original post by joongrg
What did you guys get for the bond energy question(the one involving the double bonds) and Avagadros constant calculation?
Reply 6
Original post by ZainKhan14
What did you guys get for the bond energy question(the one involving the double bonds) and Avagadros constant calculation?

Bond was -220 if I remembered correctly
Reply 7
interesting test
Reply 8

BS is what I got
Reply 9
The bond energy one was -200 or somethign near that
I GOT THAT. The reason why I was unsure about the answer is because decomposition is endothermic and isn't bond energies for endothermic a positive answer?
Original post by joongrg
Bond was -220 if I remembered correctly
titration 0.6 and 66 something
- i got 0.62 for the first part of the 6 marker at the end
- 941.2 for something lol
- the one about why sodium chloride won’t produce a metal, i wrote cuz there are H+ ions so they will get discharged, but i forgot wether it was aqueous or not
- the titration 6 marker wasn’t that bad, but was the last step to calculate the concentration by doing c=mv?
(edited 4 years ago)
Yes lads it was a crazy test
Reply 14
is this edexcel?
Original post by lilyrose270
- i got 0.62 for the first part of the 6 marker at the end
- 941.2 for something lol
- the one about why sodium chloride won’t produce a metal, i wrote cuz there are H+ ions so they will get discharged, but i forgot wether it was aqueous or not
- the titration 6 marker wasn’t that bad, but was the last step to calculate the concentration by doing c=mv?
no aha my bad. ah i don’t think i can change the title…
Original post by 19lihs1
is this edexcel?
(edited 4 years ago)
Can someone else confirm -220 is a correct answer?
I GOT THAT. The reason why I was unsure about the answer is because decomposition is endothermic and isn't bond energies for endothermic a positive answer?
11 for the one about volume of alkali or acid I can’t remember which one
Yeh I got -220 eswell
Reply 19
omg okay its okay ahah you scared me cos I didnt get any of those answers
Original post by lilyrose270
no aha my bad. ah i don’t think i can change the title…

Latest

Trending

Trending