The Student Room Group

I feel like I let myself down from doing my first biology paper :(

How am I able to come out the rest of the science exams feeling really confident that i'm going to get that 7:7 I wanted
I feel the exact same. best we can do is just recap, revise etc. plus the other 3 are in june, 1 week holiday to guarantee higher marks
Reply 2
If you did AQA trilogy combined, you didn't let your self down, the exam board let you down - it was an awful paper. I feel the same, best of luck! (I wanted a 7-7 to!)
Original post by Manishmirin2
How am I able to come out the rest of the science exams feeling really confident that i'm going to get that 7:7 I wanted
relax

some exams go better than others

when I did papers that can test the same content most of the time one goes better than the other, regardless of order.

you can do it and get that 7

Focus on your upcoming exams.

No point dwelling on exams you've already sat.
Original post by coolio333
I feel the exact same. best we can do is just recap, revise etc. plus the other 3 are in june, 1 week holiday to guarantee higher marks

very true, however I have my history exams after half term so my revision will be on that but thank you!
Original post by twb1301
If you did AQA trilogy combined, you didn't let your self down, the exam board let you down - it was an awful paper. I feel the same, best of luck! (I wanted a 7-7 to!)

It was a tough paper but I'm feeling really confident for chemistry today! Best of luck to you to. Lets get that 7!
True.
Original post by Blue_Cow
Focus on your upcoming exams.

No point dwelling on exams you've already sat.
I'm sure you did fine, just make up for it in revision over half term. Good luck today for Chemistry btw!
I came out my biology my first ever one when I did it totally clueless I ciukdnt remember what I wrote it then upset so much that I cried and revised so much to make up for it on other ones that I was ill. I started having panic attacks often and crying even cried in a dinner que and my friend turned round said the role isn't that bad aha. Basically what I'm trying to say getting upset won't make you feel any better and could impact others and despite getting decent grades in some subjects i didn't do as well and others I did very well but I've hardly ever used these subjects or been influenced by my gcses that significantly. Just do you best ( I'm sure your fed up of hearing this ) and just put yourself and your health first please.
Original post by ririroo
I'm sure you did fine, just make up for it in revision over half term. Good luck today for Chemistry btw!

Thank you, Chemistry was great today. How did you find it?
Original post by Emma1999_
I came out my biology my first ever one when I did it totally clueless I ciukdnt remember what I wrote it then upset so much that I cried and revised so much to make up for it on other ones that I was ill. I started having panic attacks often and crying even cried in a dinner que and my friend turned round said the role isn't that bad aha. Basically what I'm trying to say getting upset won't make you feel any better and could impact others and despite getting decent grades in some subjects i didn't do as well and others I did very well but I've hardly ever used these subjects or been influenced by my gcses that significantly. Just do you best ( I'm sure your fed up of hearing this ) and just put yourself and your health first please.

You are right, there's nothing I can do but revise. I'll try my hardest and hope for the best but thanks :smile:
I found it really good, I didn't revise much so was a bit worried but it was actually really easy considering science is by far my worst subject
Thank you, Chemistry was great today. How did you find it?
Original post by ririroo
I found it really good, I didn't revise much so was a bit worried but it was actually really easy considering science is by far my worst subject

That's good! What did you put for the last question? The one where it asked why is Sodium less reactive them Potassium?
Reply 15
Original post by twb1301

it was some next paper honestly like i revised the whole of biology n what even came up i wouldve loved to do the triple paper i wudda got a 7 in that atleast, gnna get a 5☹☹I want an 8 ugh
I must've done a different paper/had a different exam board to you cos I didn't have that question
That's good! What did you put for the last question? The one where it asked why is Sodium less reactive them Potassium?
hey honestly distract yourself, you can't control what's happened in the exam there's going to be multiple answers to a question believe me you willl get the grade you want, focus on your next exam hun!!

I had a breakdown after each of my biology gcse exams because i thought i'd got a b, need an a to do the a level course, and i got an a*!! trust me it will all work out in your favour
Original post by applesandalevels
hey honestly distract yourself, you can't control what's happened in the exam there's going to be multiple answers to a question believe me you willl get the grade you want, focus on your next exam hun!!

I had a breakdown after each of my biology gcse exams because i thought i'd got a b, need an a to do the a level course, and i got an a*!! trust me it will all work out in your favour

Hearing other peoples grades are so motivating for me! Thank you so much :smile:!! I just hope I can get a minimum of 6:6 in science so i can do A level biology
Original post by twb1301

dude same here I predict I will only get like 35 marks in that test which is only a 6-7. Chemistry was also meh so probs 35 marks again. Hopefully be able to get better in the other tests. I need to now get 45 in each of the next tests to get the 7-7 I want

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending