The Student Room Group

Ready for RS themes on Monday?

I guess how are you feeling on this; I think it's easier because you're able to speak about atheists' viewpoints too, right?
Reply 1
I agree, I think paper 2 better, because they seem more logical and common sense. But I still feel that having to compare British contemporary Attitudes to religion is tricky. What themes are you doing?
Original post by SmolPotato
I guess how are you feeling on this; I think it's easier because you're able to speak about atheists' viewpoints too, right?
Can’t relate, i have judaism and st marks gospel. For some reason my school chose st marks gospel over ethics? Literally makes no sense since ethics is the easiest thing ever
So defo not looking forward to that
Reply 3
I'm confused as to what we include in answers, do we include both religions that we study and an athiest pov?
Original post by M. Matty
I agree, I think paper 2 better, because they seem more logical and common sense. But I still feel that having to compare British contemporary Attitudes to religion is tricky. What themes are you doing?

I do themes B, C, E and F in the AQA paper. What about yourself?
I actually find it fairly alright, but maybe that's because I do Christianity and Islam.
Original post by Purplebottle
Can’t relate, i have judaism and st marks gospel. For some reason my school chose st marks gospel over ethics? Literally makes no sense since ethics is the easiest thing ever
So defo not looking forward to that

Oh gosh, that sounds complicated.
I feel so sorry for you, I wish you the best of luck :eek:
Original post by s.m999
I'm confused as to what we include in answers, do we include both religions that we study and an athiest pov?

I believe so. It should usually say under the question (in the AQA paper, especially on the 12 mark question) to talk about both atheists and theists views. In other words, you can include a religious point for the statement, and a non-religious one against it, or the other way round :smile:
Reply 7
Themes is better because a lot of common sense can be applied, I found in my Mocks for RS Themes that giving multiple religious viewpoints and an athiest viewpoint works well to achieving good marks. Just don't use humanism as a religion or you'll be deducted marks.
Trying to revise 12 pages from my CGP book in one day, I couldn't revise during the week because my teachers think its appropriate to STILL set homework! :angry:

I don't think I can do any more today, I'm so tired and its tomorrow and im stressed. Like what should i do?

I'm doing Themes B,C,D and F (Islam + Christianity)
I'm doing Islam and Christianity, Themes A, B, C & D
Original post by ImJust_Anonymous
Trying to revise 12 pages from my CGP book in one day, I couldn't revise during the week because my teachers think its appropriate to STILL set homework! :angry:

I don't think I can do any more today, I'm so tired and its tomorrow and im stressed. Like what should i do?

I'm doing Themes B,C,D and F (Islam + Christianity)

As long as you know the basics, you'll be good. Like Fawks said, you can just apply common sense into the paper, so if you get stuck on a religious point of view on a question, try to think of the most 'obvious' point of view and potentially make it up; and back it up with something simple from the holy books. Which themes do you struggle on the most?

If you are stressed, take a step back from it otherwise you won't be able to think. Ease your mind, and then slowly get back into it with a topic you're more confident with, then tackle the harder ones

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending