The Student Room Group

Edexcel psychology a level paper 1 20th May 2019

How did everyone find it??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Pretty good to be honest.
I did lose some marks for sure, but overall it went better than I expected it to.
I hope the grade boundaries don't rise too much
How did you find it? :h:
Original post by m2618
Reply 2
Yeah im pretty much the same as you! How much do you think they will rise by? x

Original post by KSaRa
Pretty good to be honest.
I did lose some marks for sure, but overall it went better than I expected it to.
I hope the grade boundaries don't rise too much
How did you find it? :h:
The questions were incredibly nice however me and the majority of my class failed to complete all the questions in the 2 hours, i missed out an 8 marker just to focus on the 12 marker and even then i didn't finish it.
Original post by m2618
the timing was pretty poor I started writing about the social key question instead of cog so i wasted like 7 mins there, that cost me spending a lot of time on the 12 marker and the 4 mark graph i missed ;-(( other than that I answered everything fairly well I feel,
it was pretty good,didn't have time to finish off chi sqaured Q
Original post by m2618
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
on The social learning theory 8marker did anyone else write about operant conditioning aswell as an alternative?
Reply 7
yeah i used positive reinforcement

Original post by cek4141
on The social learning theory 8marker did anyone else write about operant conditioning aswell as an alternative?
Reply 8
What answers did people get
Reply 9
For what questions?
Original post by Soph907
What answers did people get
Reply 10
The maths one and what type of observation was used?
Original post by cek4141
For what questions?
Original post by Soph907

I got a value of 2.98 or something like that for Chi squared and the observation one I panicked so I said it was a structured naturalistic covert participant(probably wrong) observation.
I wrote covert too (I think :confused:-don't even remember now , but I rushed as well)
Original post by Agglutination26
I got a value of 2.98 or something like that for Chi squared and the observation one I panicked so I said it was a structured naturalistic covert participant(probably wrong) observation.
Reply 13
Yeah I got that for the maths and then found that it was not significant. I put covert observation
Original post by Agglutination26
Reply 14
Will there be an unofficial mark scheme???
I thought they exam was really nice and could have been so much worse. I didn't like the phrasing of the Section E 8 marker with Assess how far. Normally they ask Evaluate, Assess and To What Extent so that was like two taxonomy words into one so I did a little but of both.

Needed one more AO2 point for the Cog Key Q and wrote 3 paragraphs and a conclusion for the 12 marker but besides that answered everything fairly easily.
Reply 16
We can all contribute the answers we remember and come up with one
Original post by Soph907
Will there be an unofficial mark scheme???
didn't get time to answer small questions, so I'm stressed bc my essay were also not that amazing, it's shame bc it was a really good paper, I just wish I had more time :frown:((
Reply 18
I got 2.98 and I put just a covert observation not sure if needed to be in more detail though
Original post by Soph907

I got the same and you do only need to write covert observation
Original post by cek4141
I got 2.98 and I put just a covert observation not sure if needed to be in more detail though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending