The Student Room Group

Women's Rights as Human Rights

Do you think that the main beliefs of liberalism overlook and entrench forms of gender oppression and gender inequality? In addition, do you think that human rights are capable of protecting the human rights of women?
Sounds like an essay question ...

Now you wouldn't try and dupe us into doing your work, would you?
It's genuinely not an essay question. I have an exam in a couple of weeks and one of the seminars was on womens right as human rights and I tend to phrase the topics as questions as the question and answer format helps me remember things. Sorry if it sounded like I was trying to get you to do my work for me, I'm not! I think I understand how human rights, in reality, aren't universal and that historically, women haven't been recognized as citizens and therefore human which could undermine the concept of universalism but I'm struggling to broadly list ways in which human rights do and don't protect women other than the fact that they were written by men and follow the liberal feminist perspective where human rights don't recognise that women are different and therefore have different struggles. Right, I'm rambling now, sorry!
Original post by Notoriety
Sounds like an essay question ...

Now you wouldn't try and dupe us into doing your work, would you?
In first world countries, women have the same rights as men, they are considered human and have human rights

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending