The Student Room Group

most overrated kpop band?

Scroll to see replies

heard of post malone hes such a chill guy lol, have you heard of i got 5 on it?
Original post by steph.demetriou
ohhhhh got it
there was a time where i used to listen to dubstep religiously so i agree; i love daft punk, have you heard of them?
Original post by MidgetFever
I'm partial to a bit of pop punk myself, but I mean in terms of more mainstream.

Kpop is in the charts rn, but it'll die out.
Same thing happened with that whole Dubstep phase. There was that big hype around Grime too, and although it's still relatively popular it's not there as much as it was. Kpop is just the new wave in these phases.

i agree when you said EXO, they are a little overrated when they debuted.
Original post by Themysticalegg
See now you're just talking about my childhood. :laugh: I was definitely one of those into the grime phase, as the only Chinese kid in a grime concert. :laugh: Dubstep :colonhash: To be honest I just listen to anything but I get your point now! :biggrin:
BTS
Original post by Coolkitkat23
there was a time where i used to listen to dubstep religiously so i agree; i love daft punk, have you heard of them?

Yeah I love Daft Punk! 'One More Time' just reminds me of my childhood haha.
no its just some random art i found ages ago
thanks 2D (is your profile picture gorillaz?)
None. Every band, western or KPop, has worked hard to get the attention they receive.

Also, watch how all the BTS comments start flooding in :colonhash:
Reply 46
Blackpink. I think they lack stage presence overall and their songs are really similar...
Original post by gelle
BTS

Original post by Rid The Kid
bts. im disappointed i even know they are in kpop

Original post by hadiqaax
I think BTS in my opinion there's other boy groups that are just as amazing as them but are soo underrated like VIXX

Yeah I love Daft Punk! 'One More Time' just reminds me of my childhood haha.

the music video animation and my searching on youtube got me into it, also harder better faster lol
lmaoooooooooooo i saw the video bts is overrated try again, theyve worked hard from nothing! (meaning bighit was really small)
Original post by RazzzBerries
None. Every band, western or KPop, has worked hard to get the attention they receive.

Also, watch how all the BTS comments start flooding in :colonhash:

yes!
Original post by hxechan
Blackpink. I think they lack stage presence overall and their songs are really similar...
lmaoooooooooooo i saw the video bts is overrated try again, theyve worked hard from nothing!

yes!

Literally. Half of them grew up poor and are now rich as heck, due to sheer talent, hard work and dedication.
I’m not even saying this as a bias towards BTS, every artist in the industry has to work hecking hard to be where they are today, so basically none of us are qualified to call someone overrated.
(edited 4 years ago)
i think the majority of groups work rlly hard so deserve the success they get, although (this is gonna contradict what i just said) i think blackpink don't really do as much as other groups yet have more success. they've upped their game a lot since the criticisms of jennie began to whirl in but they're now at the level they should have been way before this, whereas other groups have been consistently working hard and putting in so much effort and have little attention in comparison to blackpink.
for the success they have, i find their songs a bit underwhelming and overhyped, very generic. kill this love really just killed off any interest i had in them, but i guess it's a matter of opinion because so many people liked it. i think the girls' personalities are lovely though, especially for what they did regarding the manchester bombing
i remember seeing suga say 'we could afford jumpers so we only bought these $14 ones' made me really sad, now they have gucci on their hands lol.
Original post by RazzzBerries
Literally. Half of them grew up poor and are now rich as heck, due to sheer talent, hard work and dedication.
I’m not even saying this as a bias towards BTS, every artist in the industry has to work hecking hard to be where they are today, so basically none of us are qualified to call someone overrated.
i think their personalities are pretty fake dont get me wrong, especially lisa, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIkhyjhyfsM , I hated Jennie before but I realised, that hey she doesnt make the strange cute voice that they do (she does a few times) but shes more real in comparison to the other members. My bias was Jisoo when i stanned them.
Original post by hannah!!
i think the majority of groups work rlly hard so deserve the success they get, although (this is gonna contradict what i just said) i think blackpink don't really do as much as other groups yet have more success. they've upped their game a lot since the criticisms of jennie began to whirl in but they're now at the level they should have been way before this, whereas other groups have been consistently working hard and putting in so much effort and have little attention in comparison to blackpink.
for the success they have, i find their songs a bit underwhelming and overhyped, very generic. kill this love really just killed off any interest i had in them, but i guess it's a matter of opinion because so many people liked it. i think the girls' personalities are lovely though, especially for what they did regarding the manchester bombing
Original post by Iksu_51
I think there are more underrated than overrated groups like iKON and ATEEZ...

agreed!
You can get me into a Taylor Swift, Bring me the Horizon, Stormzy, Foo Fighters, JPop, Busted, Porter Robinson, Blink 182 concert and I'd be happy. I literally listen to most music genres. :laugh: 60s rock god you aren't that old! :rofl:
Yeah I went through the whole grime phase too :lol: Though tbh I still listen to it. Haah I know the feeling! Yeah I'm the same, my music taste is pretty weird. 60's/70's Rock still has my heart tho <3
stan seventeen
heck yeah!
Original post by Potayytoe
stan seventeen
All of them :colonhash:
Thanks @gelle :h:

Original post by I AM GROOT 1
All of them :colonhash:

Grooty: https://youtu.be/KcU55rVLIFw?t=304

Quick Reply

Latest