The Student Room Group

Halfway through GCSEs - Motivation?!

I'm so frazzled out from the first 2 weeks of exams, that I can't seem to motivate myself to do more revision :/ I am getting quite stressed because the GCSE exams begin next Monday - that's not very far away! Any help???
You are totally capable of doing these exams, no matter what you might be feeling. You know everything, the knowledge is all there, it's just a matter of writing words on paper. Don't let false anxieties let you give up.

You. Have. Got. This.

:rave:
I am currently in that same situation too!!!!
i honestly have no motivation but at the same time i dont want to do bad.

i think if you work out how many pages you need to do before monday and divide it by the amount the days you have left- you can realise that you dont have a lot you need to do
I have 3 history exams, and I can barely remember anything lololol i'm really screwed
Original post by Layla20125
I am currently in that same situation too!!!!
i honestly have no motivation but at the same time i dont want to do bad.

i think if you work out how many pages you need to do before monday and divide it by the amount the days you have left- you can realise that you dont have a lot you need to do
Original post by pancakesbob7
I have 3 history exams, and I can barely remember anything lololol i'm really screwed

r u edexcel
Reply 5
You only have to get through these next two weeks before the longest summer you’ve had. Start revising now and your mind will be at peace over the summer, knowing you’ve done your best.
make a list of all the things you want to do in the summer to motivate you, then make a list of things you need to do now to revise (practice papers, mindmaps?) try to break everything down into one day at a time but please dont stay up late everyday revising, you need to take care of yourself right now so you can go into those exams and ace them! :h: you'll be great just keep going!
yup :/
Original post by Rid The Kid
r u edexcel
i have 3 history exams too on edexcel!

so the first one we have is crime and punishment,if you do it, and honestly i suggest that you skip all of anglo saxon ect and start with the hardest stuff so the pages starting on vagabonds ect..
get the hardest stuff out of the way and make sure you spend time understanding them, you also dont need to know everysingle date in crime and punishment. just know the centuries they were established as crime and punsihment isnt really dates.
idk if you do british america and elizabethan but try and do as much as you can but the dates for both are necessary.
weimar shoulnt be too bad and you can revise that in a week
I'm doing medicine through time, the Cold War, Henry VIII and Weimar germany :/ Good luck wih your exams tho!
i have 3 history exams too on edexcel!

so the first one we have is crime and punishment,if you do it, and honestly i suggest that you skip all of anglo saxon ect and start with the hardest stuff so the pages starting on vagabonds ect..
get the hardest stuff out of the way and make sure you spend time understanding them, you also dont need to know everysingle date in crime and punishment. just know the centuries they were established as crime and punsihment isnt really dates.
idk if you do british america and elizabethan but try and do as much as you can but the dates for both are necessary.
weimar shoulnt be too bad and you can revise that in a week
oh good luck!!
Original post by pancakesbob7
I'm doing medicine through time, the Cold War, Henry VIII and Weimar germany :/ Good luck wih your exams tho!
Come one current year 11s, we can do this, over half way through our exams; think about the very long summer we have ahead of us
honestly the summer is the only thing keeping me going at this point lol
Original post by Greywolftwo
Come one current year 11s, we can do this, over half way through our exams; think about the very long summer we have ahead of us
Original post by army of 1
honestly the summer is the only thing keeping me going at this point lol

Sameeeeeeee
T
oh good luck!!

Thanks, you too!

Quick Reply

Latest