The Student Room Group

Edexcel biology paper 2

How did u find it

Scroll to see replies

I found it ok. I think there were way too many experiments but the 6 markers were good
Original post by kkai
How did u find it
What did u lot get for cardiac output was it 168 times 160 or 160 times 170 ?
Original post by Abdullaha
Might be a range though
Original post by Lauryyys
Reply 5
I did 168 to be precise
Original post by Abdullaha
Reply 6
What everyone get for the population estimate question? I got 5000 something
Same
Original post by kkai
Reply 8
Original post by kkai

IT was 4.8*10(to the power of 5)
Reply 9
For the candle question, it went out bc there was no oxygen and when they put the plant there it released oxygen through photosynthesis? Idk if that's right
Reply 10
Yeah that’s what I put and the oxygen keeps the fire alight
Original post by kkai
For the candle question, it went out bc there was no oxygen and when they put the plant there it released oxygen through photosynthesis? Idk if that's right
Yeah I put that and that the candle doesn't release any more carbon dioxide for the plant to photosynthesise further, hence only stayed alight for another 2 minutes
Original post by kkai
Original post by kkai

Yeah that's correct. Well done.
Original post by Lauryyys
Yeah I put that and that the candle doesn't release any more carbon dioxide for the plant to photosynthesise further, hence only stayed alight for another 2 minutes

The combustion of the candle does produce carbon dioxide, I think? If it does then it would stop because the combined intake of oxygen for respiration and combustion is at a higher rate than the production of oxygen in photosynthesis.
I’ve messed up the heart question! I got everything right except the names of the valves. I said the semi lunar valve when it was meant to be the triscupid if you get me. On both sides.. how many marks will I drop?
What question was that contraception one
Yeah I still put the bit about oxygen and photosynthesis so
Original post by Cam3r0n
The combustion of the candle does produce carbon dioxide, I think? If it does then it would stop because the combined intake of oxygen for respiration and combustion is at a higher rate than the production of oxygen in photosynthesis.
Original post by Cam3r0n
Yeah that's correct. Well done.

What did you put for the controls of that experiment? I put size of candle wick and the size of the glass bell thing or whatever it was called
Original post by kkai

Yeah like 5100
Reply 19
Original post by kate_howard_1
I’ve messed up the heart question! I got everything right except the names of the valves. I said the semi lunar valve when it was meant to be the triscupid if you get me. On both sides.. how many marks will I drop?

It depends on what other information you put but if you put all the necessary info you’d probably only lose one mark.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending