The Student Room Group

Was Kate Hopkins racist in her tweet about about the crime in London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Napp
Are you contending that Trump is, in fact, not a serial liar? the media et al. might overstate the significance of his err actions but to say he doesnt lie like its going out of fashion is in of itself a lie, no?

Not in the sense that it really matters. I saw one on the list but I don't remember the exact quote but they called it a lie because he said 73% when it's actually 72%. When you have to count such rubbish to pump your list up, it shows the accusation is not only in bad faith but lacking integrity in itself.

You could say the same of pretty much any politician of our time. Just look how many times people like HRC has flip flopped her stances to go along with the crowd. No one cared then and I don't care now.
Reply 21
Original post by Jebedee
Not in the sense that it really matters. I saw one on the list but I don't remember the exact quote but they called it a lie because he said 73% when it's actually 72%. When you have to count such rubbish to pump your list up, it shows the accusation is not only in bad faith but lacking integrity in itself.

You could say the same of pretty much any politician of our time. Just look how many times people like HRC has flip flopped her stances to go along with the crowd. No one cared then and I don't care now.

Mmm technically not true but I take your point nevertheless.
However, when he says thing along the lines of “most popular president in history, ever”, “I’m the only one to have thought this” blah blah blah that is manifestly a lie.
With that being said I do agree that the figures on that tally are almost certainly dubious

Mmm it is par for the course for politicians to lie naturally but few seem to do it so brazenly and unapologetically as trump. I mean at least mssrs Bush Cheney etc. had the decency to put their hearts into the lies they sold - trumpy boy just does it as a matter of course..
Original post by Napp
Mmm technically not true but I take your point nevertheless.
However, when he says thing along the lines of “most popular president in history, ever”, “I’m the only one to have thought this” blah blah blah that is manifestly a lie.
With that being said I do agree that the figures on that tally are almost certainly dubious

Mmm it is par for the course for politicians to lie naturally but few seem to do it so brazenly and unapologetically as trump. I mean at least mssrs Bush Cheney etc. had the decency to put their hearts into the lies they sold - trumpy boy just does it as a matter of course..

He's a salesman, and if you aren't then it's likely that you just won't get it. And that's fine.

People window dress their words and products to make them sell better. This is true of any product or service, and even country. I wouldn't consider it lying per se but if one will be pedantic about such statements then sure. But it is quite an autistic way to look at it.
Yeah but he’s transparently racist,sexist, right wing, crooked and most importantly stupid. Hillary is all those things minus the stupid part but she hides under the guise of a benevolent liberal.
Original post by Napp
There might well be liberals who lie through their teeth... i can think of many. However, to call either Trump of Hopkins 'honest' would seem to be somewhat spurious. I mean Trump treats the truth as a transitional concept that can be bent to suit his immediate needs - i believe he broke the 10,000 lie mark recently for that matter?
Hopkins i'm not sure if its a liar per-se or just an unreconstructed halfwit. Who knows, she might be both.
Original post by Amy Barlow 89
Huge fan of her but she has been excused of being racist by many politician's and activist's when she attacked Sadiq Khan over the recent killings in London, on twitter that Donald trump has got in hot water over for re tweeting, I don't want to get in trouble myself for being racist on TSR I personally don't think her tweet was racist but what do you think? Here is what she tweeted on June 15th 20 hours in Stab-City This is Khan’s Londonistan.

Imo yes. She is a good one for spreading hate and intolerance. I was actually going to say I dont care and am bored with every comment being jumped upon, but she brings race into it, when its nothing to do with it.
Knife crime is quite complicated and to do with other issues such as cuts in police, gangs, drugs, youth mentality, cuts in local government funding, changes in society.
Trump should look at the murder rate in his own country.
https://fullfact.org/crime/knife-crime/

Hopkins meanwhile is not far off bankruptcy following the libel case she lost.
Reply 25
Huge fan of her but she has been excused of being racist by many politician's and activist's when she attacked Sadiq Khan over the recent killings in London, on twitter that Donald trump has got in hot water over for re tweeting, I don't want to get in trouble myself for being racist on TSR I personally don't think her tweet was racist but what do you think? Here is what she tweeted on June 15th 20 hours in Stab-City This is Khan’s Londonistan.

Excused of being racist or accused of being racist?

She's done her usual trick of throwing out a few crime stats (including 'hommicide' sic) with no breakdown of who is committing the crimes. Londonistan? Is she comparing the crime in a city to Afghanistan? Pakistan? Turkmenistan? Uzbekistan? Tajikistan?

Irrelevant tweet from an irrelevant woman.
Reply 26
Original post by Yourmainmancj
To be honest with the likes of Katie Hopkins and trump at least they are honest... with liberals you never know where you stand tbh

Katie Hopkins and honest in the same sentence? She put lives at risk when she hid a very serious medical condition in order to join the Army.
She is a psycho.
and anyone who disagrees is also one
Original post by Mustafa0605
Yeah but not as much gun crime which is way more deadly than knife crime.

There are countries where you can walk with sharpened swords, there is less 'dangerous tool' offences than knife crimes in London, and there is almost no gun crimes.
Reply 29
Londonistan implies it is asians who are doing the killing. pretty sure its not

shes just an ignorant idiot. as usual
Original post by PTMalewski
There are countries where you can walk with sharpened swords, there is less 'dangerous tool' offences than knife crimes in London, and there is almost no gun crimes.

These are small countries not any country which has 70 million population like UK and not any mega city like London which has 9million+ residents
Original post by Mustafa0605
These are small countries not any country which has 70 million population like UK and not any mega city like London which has 9million+ residents

A country can be at least four times more populous than London and have multiple times less knife crimes than London, while carrying all sorts of blades is legal, and have multiple times less gun crimes, while carrying a gun requires permit.

The problem is not with the amount of population, but with the culture of UK's inhabitants.

Btw. Germany has roughly the same population as the UK, and after the recent rise in numbers, they still have only 4000 knife crimes a year, while London has over 12 000.

In 2008 they had only 400 inciditents. That is 30(!) times fewer, for an 80 million country, than for 9 million London!
(edited 4 years ago)
dont agree with everything like the rampant Islamophobia and "Londonistan" - though agree with some of her other points like crime in London, but again this isnt news - also share the view that hopefully 2020 will be the end of Mr Sadiq's position as Mayor
(edited 4 years ago)
Whenever the woman is a witch or not, you should start focusing less on witch hunts, and more on the bigger problem;

While carrying knives in London is illegal, and even the one you use to prepare some carrots for your dinner, can put you into trouble with the police,
London alone produces more knife-crimes than multi-million countries where even carrying a sharpened katana, for no reason, is legal.

1. Only if you dont have a lawful good reason to be carrying it, so your first point is misleading.
2. Which multi million countries are you referring to and are you comparing like with like?
3. What is your definition of knife crime and how are those figures comparable with the multi million countries?

Since when is asking for everyone’s opinion risk of being racist? Relax.
dont agree with a lot of what she says - but undeniably funny content to watch (for me at least) when she speaks her mind :smile:

A country can be at least four times more populous than London and have multiple times less knife crimes than London, while carrying all sorts of blades is legal, and have multiple times less gun crimes, while carrying a gun requires permit.

The problem is not with the amount of population, but with the culture of UK's inhabitants.

Btw. Germany has roughly the same population as the UK, and after the recent rise in numbers, they still have only 4000 knife crimes a year, while London has over 12 000.

In 2008 they had only 400 inciditents. That is 30(!) times fewer, for an 80 million country, than for 9 million London!

Maybe Germany is different from London>
Maybe they have different laws? You said knifes were legal so you couldnt be convicted of a crime, but in London you could?
Maybe they have different ways of recording figures?
Maybe the UK has gotten better at recording figures?
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
dont agree with everything like the rampant Islamophobia and "Londonistan" - though agree with some of her other points like crime in London, but again this isnt news - also share the view that hopefully 2020 will be the end of Mr Sadiq's position as Mayor

What is it you agree with her on about crime?
Original post by 999tigger
What is it you agree with her on about crime?

that it is a huge problem, stops there.. why I said "not really news"
Original post by BlueIndigoViolet
that it is a huge problem, stops there.. why I said "not really news"

What do you mean by huge problem?
Out of control?

Used to be a lot worse you know., especially during the 90s and noughties.

Do you think funding has anything to do with it?
Cuts to local government?
Cuts in police?
Drugs?

How would you solve it without spending any more money?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending