The Student Room Group

How can I write a personal statement for economics when I don't study it

How can I write this as I don't know too much about economics and my school doesn't have any clubs/events related to economics. I am going to start reading some books/watching videos to give me a better understanding but what else can i do? Thanks
Hi, though I don’t specifically know much about economics, I applied for uni this year so I can hopefully be of some help? :smile:

With your personal statement, the whole way through you must provide points and reasons to the universities that you’re applying to as to why you feel you’re equipped for the course/why you want to do it.

So perhaps start by explaining why you want to study economics. You can always change it later but it’s a good place to start.

Then you can move onto explaining why you’re right for the course, such as watching those videos and reading those books giving you a deeper understanding of the content of the subject. Perhaps discussing some concepts of a book that you found interesting and would hence like to study further at university?

Then you can use your experiences, for example, I stated that my experience with DofE gave me with leadership skills perfect for group work and projects. You can twist anything you’ve done in the past to your advantage!

Hopefully this helps you start it at least, and I’m sorry I couldn’t be more specific as I applied for history! :smile: If you have anymore questions please feel free to ask, and I can try and answer, if not someone who studies economics will probably help you as well! :smile:
Original post by Hj5673
How can I write this as I don't know too much about economics and my school doesn't have any clubs/events related to economics. I am going to start reading some books/watching videos to give me a better understanding but what else can i do? Thanks
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Hj5673

Why do you want to study economics full time for 3+ years if you don’t know much about it?

Your PS isn’t an economics essay - it’s a statement about your interests and motivations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending