The Student Room Group

GCSE Triple Science - How many exams?

I am currently a student in year 11 and I was just wondering: how many exams do triple science students sit?

I was told that there are 2 papers for each subject (physics, biology, chemistry) - is this right?

Also, my teachers said that we are doing combined science: trilogy with AQA. Is that triple science and will I get 3 grades from it?
Triple science = 6 exams (2 for each subject)

But if your teacher said you're doing combined science I don't think you'll be doing quite so many (it'll be on the exam board's website). From what I know, combined science isn't the same as triple science.
Reply 2
Original post by MisledGoddess
Triple science = 6 exams (2 for each subject)

But if your teacher said you're doing combined science I don't think you'll be doing quite so many (it'll be on the exam board's website). From what I know, combined science isn't the same as triple science.

Okay, thank you for the answer. We're going to do a mock exam in January, then after looking at the results, the teachers will decide who actually sits the triple science exams. So i think we're just learning the triple content just in case.
Hi does anyone have a link to some past papers please for my nephew to try?
Reply 4
Try physicsandmathstutor.com for topic exam questions.
You can also go to the exam board website and follow the links to past papers from previous years.
Original post by Sammi1993
Hi does anyone have a link to some past papers please for my nephew to try?
Yes and you will also get the three GCSEs.You will also have to sit 2 exams for each subject.
Original post by Dr Mcauly
Yes and you will also get the three GCSEs.You will also have to sit 2 exams for each subject.

It's a two year thread so they very likely already have their GCSEs, but GCSE Combined Science: Trilogy is a double award. They would have got 2 GCSEs from it.

GCSE Combined Science: Trilogy and the separate / triple sciences all sit 2 exams per science. The triple science exams are longer though.

Quick Reply

Latest