The Student Room Group

Nose piercing

I’m debating wether I would like to get my nose pierced or not as I’m worried it not suit me opinions
I think nose piercings suit everyone tbh. if u want any tips on how to care for it afterwards I'm ur girl
Reply 2
Original post by riatown
I think nose piercings suit everyone tbh. if u want any tips on how to care for it afterwards I'm ur girl

I think mine has got infected because it is red and has a red lump next to it. I have tried cleaning it with salt water 3 times a day but I dont think it is getting better. Have you got any advice for how to get rid of it? I'm really worried that the bump will stay forever. Also I've had my piercing for 2 weeks.
Original post by Ami.x:
I think mine has got infected because it is red and has a red lump next to it. I have tried cleaning it with salt water 3 times a day but I dont think it is getting better. Have you got any advice for how to get rid of it? I'm really worried that the bump will stay forever. Also I've had my piercing for 2 weeks.

have you been accidentally touching it or knocking it? do you make your own salt water solution or did you buy it?

cleaning your piercing 3 times a day might seem like a good way of keeping it clean, but this can actually just irritate it more, and putting too much salt on it can dry it out which creates cracks, which means an infection is more likely. 2 times a day is usually fine.

sometimes these things pass but sometimes they don't, so if it continues, you might want to see a doctor who will probably prescribe you an antibiotic cream to put on it, or antibiotic tablets to take if it's really bad.

hope that helps :smile:
Reply 4
My stud fell out overnight within the first week then I put another ring in (not meant for nose piercings) I kept that in for a couple of days befor I went to the peircing place and they replaced it with another stud, after this I think the infection started. Also i have been making my own saltwater. Thanks for the advice I'll continue cleaning it twice a day with less salt in warm water and if it gets worse or doesnt go I'll go to the doctors
Original post by riatown
have you been accidentally touching it or knocking it? do you make your own salt water solution or did you buy it?

cleaning your piercing 3 times a day might seem like a good way of keeping it clean, but this can actually just irritate it more, and putting too much salt on it can dry it out which creates cracks, which means an infection is more likely. 2 times a day is usually fine.

sometimes these things pass but sometimes they don't, so if it continues, you might want to see a doctor who will probably prescribe you an antibiotic cream to put on it, or antibiotic tablets to take if it's really bad.

hope that helps :smile:
Original post by Ami.x:
My stud fell out overnight within the first week then I put another ring in (not meant for nose piercings) I kept that in for a couple of days befor I went to the peircing place and they replaced it with another stud, after this I think the infection started. Also i have been making my own saltwater. Thanks for the advice I'll continue cleaning it twice a day with less salt in warm water and if it gets worse or doesnt go I'll go to the doctors

ah yeah that'll be why then. how much salt are you using? I just use a big pinch.

you're welcome :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by riatown
ah yeah that'll be why then. how much salt are you using? I just use a big pinch.

you're welcome :smile:

I'm using more than a pinch so I'll defo cut down the amount of salt used. Also in a couple of weeks I'm going to be going on holiday and swimming in the sea, is it recommended I dont do this?
Sorry for all the questions but you seem to know what you are talking about ahah
Original post by Ami.x:
I'm using more than a pinch so I'll defo cut down the amount of salt used. Also in a couple of weeks I'm going to be going on holiday and swimming in the sea, is it recommended I dont do this?
Sorry for all the questions but you seem to know what you are talking about ahah

yeah if I were you I'd definitely at least make sure my head didn't go anywhere near the water. also are you sterilising everything you're using when cleaning your piercing? I put a pinch of sea salt into a mug and fill the rest of it with boiling water and wait for it to cool. boiling water kills off most bacteria :smile:
Original post by Ami.x:

This doesn't sound like an infection. It is most likely just irritated.
Reply 9
Original post by riatown
yeah if I were you I'd definitely at least make sure my head didn't go anywhere near the water. also are you sterilising everything you're using when cleaning your piercing? I put a pinch of sea salt into a mug and fill the rest of it with boiling water and wait for it to cool. boiling water kills off most bacteria :smile:

Okay thanks for the advice 💜
look on pintrest to see what you like and what might suit you before committing!

Quick Reply

Latest