The Student Room Group

border force (june 2019)

hey!! ive applied to the border force assistant apprenticeship and ive got a scheduled interview for the 14th of august,,,, has anyone been to these interviews and would tell me what it is like? im so nervous!!!
Original post by zuluzuluzulu123
hey!! ive applied to the border force assistant apprenticeship and ive got a scheduled interview for the 14th of august,,,, has anyone been to these interviews and would tell me what it is like? im so nervous!!!

Hi, sorry you've not had any responses to this yet - just giving it a quick bump, so hopefully someone will be along soon :smile:

I'd suggest having a look on Glassdoor if you haven't already, as people will likely have shared their interview experiences there :biggrin:
Reply 2
Hi there,

I also have an interview for the same role!

Try your best not to be nervous as nerves can show. Make sure you look up the competencies on the home office website which should help!

I also not sure what to expect other than what they have said on the email
Original post by peach45
Hi there,

I also have an interview for the same role!

Try your best not to be nervous as nerves can show. Make sure you look up the

Hey! How long did the process take?
Reply 4
Hi
I applied for the apprenticeship. Had my interview yesterday and found out today I was successful and placed on reserve list
I found out yesterday I was unsuccessful. Performed well in all the tests and competencies but apparently showed minimal demonstration in the interview. Laughable really when the interviewers were 3rd party external assessors with no idea about the role but hey. It's done now. At least I have an answer and wont be waiting months. Good luck to you!
Reply 6
Original post by Carlton28
I found out yesterday I was unsuccessful. Performed well in all the tests and competencies but apparently showed minimal demonstration in the interview. Laughable really when the interviewers were 3rd party external assessors with no idea about the role but hey. It's done now. At least I have an answer and wont be waiting months. Good luck to you!

I’m sorry to hear that :frown:
If you don’t mind me asking when was your interview and where for?
Hey sorry this is such a late reply but were you successful in the process? I was successful in the interview and given a job offer, passed the security clearance and the next step was a start date. However I haven’t had any more information since September despite trying to contact them through email😩anyone else experienced this?
Hi
I’m wondering if anyone can give me some advice anything will be gratefully received.
I received a provisional job offer back in November pending checks, they are now waiting for just one to be returned which is from my previous employment with the civil service 15years ago ( I was only employed with them on six month contract ) I’ve sent my old staff number but it appears the HR department have not answered the request.
Now they have asked me to contact the my old HR department and ask them to action the request.
If the HR department don’t action the request before 09/04/2020 ( less than two weeks) they will withdraw my offer!!

if any one has any guidance or a phone number for civil service HR. Maybe pay roll, it would be really appreciated as I can’t seem to get through to actually to talk to anyone especially in the current climate.
Thanks
Reply 9
From 15 years ago, that's bonkers. Did they request a reference from every employer you have had? Apart from dates of employment it is unlikely anyone would remember you from 15 years ago? What was the outcome?
Original post by Barsim
From 15 years ago, that's bonkers. Did they request a reference from every employer you have had? Apart from dates of employment it is unlikely anyone would remember you from 15 years ago? What was the outcome?

They have managed to find what they needed, which was hard due to lockdown, I even managed to contact my line manager from 15 yrs ago but unfortunately they couldn’t give the reference. ( they did remember me lol ) recruitment have since contacted me again for reason of leaving ( it was only a 6 month contract) I haven’t heard that they have contacted any other previous employers yet. Luckily most of my employments have been long term so only 3 to contact if they do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending