The Student Room Group

Will an IVA cause my Civil Service pre employment check to fail?

I read that bankruptcy will fail a pre employment check. Does anyone know if a current IVA will cause me to fail. Really worried, would be so gutting.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andyl885
I read that bankruptcy will fail a pre employment check. Does anyone know if a current IVA will cause me to fail. Really worried, would be so gutting.

An IVA is a form of insolvency, but it is not bankruptcy - you'd need to check whether it is bankruptcy specifically (and only bankruptcy) which would cause you to fail this pre-employment check or whether it is any form of insolvency which would cause the failure, which would include an IVA or DRO.
Reply 3
Thanks mate.
Original post by Reality Check
An IVA is a form of insolvency, but it is not bankruptcy - you'd need to check whether it is bankruptcy specifically (and only bankruptcy) which would cause you to fail this pre-employment check or whether it is any form of insolvency which would cause the failure, which would include an IVA or DRO.
Reply 4
Thanks mate.

Hi. Do you know yet if the IVA stopped your application? I also have one and wanted to know before I apply for a border force role. Thanks
Reply 5
I don't yet. Will let you know when I find out.
Original post by SarahDV
Hi. Do you know yet if the IVA stopped your application? I also have one and wanted to know before I apply for a border force role. Thanks
Any update on this? I’ve been accepted for a small boats border force role but was unaware my financial history could potentially be an issue! I have a CCJ and poor history with missed payments etc that are still ongoing, not paid off yet. So feared i will now fail the vetting process!
Reply 7
Original post by SarahDV

I didn't pass the interview unfortunately. Good luck though.
Reply 8
Original post by Drgdolly
Any update on this? I’ve been accepted for a small boats border force role but was unaware my financial history could potentially be an issue! I have a CCJ and poor history with missed payments etc that are still ongoing, not paid off yet. So feared i will now fail the vetting process!

Hiya. Did your financial history have an impact on the security vetting?
Reply 9
I don't yet. Will let you know when I find out.

Hiya. Do you know yet if your IVA effect the job offer?
Reply 10
Hello,

So bankruptcy would make you fail the checks? Does it matter if it’s 5 years ago and my credit is now good?
Reply 11
Same situation- can anyone kindly offer insight?
Anyone clear any of this up? I’m currently waiting on my CTC coming back and I’ve a few money issues I don’t have any bankruptcies or IVA etc but have debt. I’ve declared it alland been honest when submitting my questionnaire will thisbe an issue?
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 13
Original post by BestDude90
Anyone clear any of this up? I’m currently waiting on my CTC coming back and I’ve a few money issues no bankruptcies or IVA etc but have debt. I’ve declared it alland been honest when submitting my questionnaire will thisbe an issue?

I’ve commented on a few of these threads to no avail! Desperate to know if an IVA means this offer and process have been pointless. ai will be pretty gutted!
Original post by Laura82*
I’ve commented on a few of these threads to no avail! Desperate to know if an IVA means this offer and process have been pointless. ai will be pretty gutted!

I’m sorry I can’t help, best advice I can give is to be honest when filling in the questionnaire that’s what I’ve done but still waiting to hear the outcome of the CTC. I don’t have a IVA or bankruptcy but do have debt problems if I hear anything back I’ll let you know
Reply 15
I’m sorry I can’t help, best advice I can give is to be honest when filling in the questionnaire that’s what I’ve done but still waiting to hear the outcome of the CTC. I don’t have a IVA or bankruptcy but do have debt problems if I hear anything back I’ll let you know

Thanks so much! I’ve declared it all so will update as and when I know for others! Good luck,am sure you’ll be fine with no insolvency issues!
Thanks so much! I’ve declared it all so will update as and when I know for others! Good luck,am sure you’ll be fine with no insolvency issues!

Have you heard anything on this yet
Have you heard anything on this yet

no, nothing. checks still ongoing.
no, nothing. checks still ongoing.

Hello just updating you my status changed to complete today. Have yet to receive the email with pdf confirming if it’s a pass or fail
Oh I’m so pleased its complete for you - really hope it’s a positive outcome for you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending