The Student Room Group

CNN joins FOX NEWS in pushing far-right conspiracy theory

But TSR told me that CNN was itself far-left!

Despite holding pro-gun and other right-wing positions, CNN is joining Fox News in pushing the narrative that the terrorist was, in fact, "far-left".

We truly are living in 1984.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/05/us/connor-betts-dayton-shooting-profile/index.html
He could have been pro-left. Communist terrorists in the 70ies did more terrorist attacks in Europe than Muslims have done so far.

What difference does it make anyway?
Reply 2
He identified as 'leftist' and in the current age, that is all that matters
Original post by PTMalewski
Communist terrorists in the 70ies did more terrorist attacks in Europe than Muslims have done so far.

Eh?

Original post by PTMalewski
What difference does it make anyway?

The difference is that CNN has long been proclaimed as a left-wing media outlet itself, yet is pushing anti-left news of dubious factuality.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Eh?

Haven't you heard of communist terrorism?

The difference is that CNN has long been proclaimed as a left-wing media outlet itself, yet is pushing anti-left news of dubious factuality.

1. So what?
2. News generally push news of dubious factuality, so I don't see anything unexpected.
3. Political spectrum is not binary.
How is it a conspiracy theory when the evidence in this case seems to suggest that he was (at least) left leaning? I mean I could be wrong, I haven't investigated this myself, but that's what reports by police (the people investigating this case) seem to suggest.

I mean it doesn't seem to be anymore of a conspiracy theory than the idea that the Texas shooter was a far right white supremacist.
(edited 4 years ago)
So? We're not American.
Reply 7
The El Paso shooting was far-right terrorism. The Dayton shooting was far-left terrorism.
Reply 8

Despite holding pro-gun and other right-wing positions, CNN is joining Fox News in pushing the narrative that the terrorist was, in fact, "far-left".

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/05/us/connor-betts-dayton-shooting-profile/index.html

it's not a conspiracy theory if it's true.
Original post by maciek69
it's not a conspiracy theory if it's true.

Original post by DR.DOOM
The El Paso shooting was far-right terrorism. The Dayton shooting was far-left terrorism.

Repeating a statement doesn't make it true...
Reply 10
Bah, that's penguin feed next to this as a conspiracy theory:

President Trump gave white nationalists a win this week when he ordered flags lowered to half-staff until Aug. 8. Because Aug. 8 looks like 08-08 on a calendar, and "H" is the eighth letter of the alphabet, and "H-H" stands for "Heil Hitler."

This is a real thing said on television by a real former FBI official. And not any FBI official. It came from the former assistant FBI director for counterintelligence himself.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/msnbc-guest-uncovers-super-secret-nazi-code-in-trumps-half-staff-order
Reply 11

It would be very helpful if you point out which parts of the article are untrue.
Reply 12

Goebbels would beg to differ, i'm sure he had a rather pithy quote on this
Reply 13

Have you ever seen CNN put anything out previously that was either anti-left or pro-right. I haven't so I can only assume that they have information to suggest that the Dayton shooter was a left wing nut job. Usually for them every shooter is a far right, white extremist Trump supporter....even if they were black and wore a Bernie t-shirt.

saying something is a far right conspiracy doesn't make it true

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending